Grob 103 Twin II Acro Canopy Seals

Old September 2nd 10, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AGL

Default Grob 103 Twin II Acro Canopy Seals

We finally foiund a source for the Grob 103 Twin II Acro Canopy Seals

Talk to Helmut at http://www.ltb-lindner.com/kontakt.112.html

Language is not a problem.

On Aug 17, 10:45*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
On Aug 17, 6:59*am, AGL wrote:

so we're looking for a replacement. *Here's what the existingseal
looks like: *http://skillsapplied.com/Uploads/Grob/Original.jpg

So far, going through a dozen aftermarket catalogs at auto part
wholesalers, hot rod shops, and gasket companies, has not been
successful. *Rumors had it that the seals are VW, but the VW dealer
partsman said that this was not the case.

The best option appears to be trusty McMaster-Carr, that offers a
selection athttp://www.mcmaster.com/#edge-grip-protective-edging/=8fy1tc
andhttp://www.mcmaster.com/#edge-grip-protective-edging/=8fyako

None are of the exact dimensions, and I would be taking a guess at
hardness. *On a 6" length it wouldn't matter, but when there is 16
feet ofsealper canopy, very slightly oversize or slightly too stiff
can make it impossible to close the latch. *Undersize isn't any
better.

So, does anyone have a part number that they have used successfully?
If not, it's trial and error with some McMaster-Carr samples.

Thanks!!

I can't help, but I'm going to be watching this thread. *Our non-acro
103 also needs new seals.

Old September 23rd 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Aug 17, 6:59*am, AGL wrote:

[...]

103 also needs new seals.- Hide quoted text -

Some follow-up. I had to order some other stuff from McMaster-Carr,
so I ordered a foot of each of the closest two types of edge trim they
carry. I'll post up the part number when I can get out to the field
to see which is right.

Old September 23rd 10, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AGL

On Aug 17, 6:59*am, AGL wrote:

[...]

The ones purchased from http://www.ltb-lindner.com/kontakt.112.html
were perfect. I look forward to hearing about the samples.

G103a Twin II Acro bds Soaring 2 August 24th 10 04:54 AM
Grob 103 Twin II (non acro) manual YFCpilots Soaring 1 August 27th 08 07:40 PM
Twin Acro inflight failure 2cernauta2 Soaring 3 December 22nd 06 04:39 PM
PIK 20B Flaps and Canopy Seals Mike Leach Soaring 4 October 17th 05 03:39 PM
3-VIEW DRAWINGS GROB III ACRO bambi Soaring 1 September 28th 04 02:27 AM