Oshkosh 2005 pictures up

Old August 13th 05, 11:11 PM
George Patterson

Martin Hotze wrote:
On 13 Aug 2005 15:22:31 GMT, Blanche wrote:

Just a reminder, there are no "laws" regarding the US flag, only
traditions and conventions.

http://straylight.law.cornell.edu/us...01_4_10_1.html

oh well.

In that section, most of the stuff is considered "customs." Note that there is
heavy use of the word "should" in many of the sections. Section 3 (using the
flag for advertising purposes), however, is obviously a law; it states that the
offense described is a crime and dictates the fine. As far as this reference is
concerend, Blanche seems to be correct that not allowing the flag to touch the
ground (and similar customs) fall into the category of conventions.

George Patterson
Old August 13th 05, 11:36 PM
Montblack

("George Patterson" wrote)
'What does bitte, bitte, bitte mean?' ....evil grin

Either "please, please, please" or "you're welcome, you're welcome, you're
welcome" depending on whether or not it's a reply to "danke."

I couldn't remember the movie, The Longest Yard (1962) was my guess.

GI asked the question to his GI buddies, of a surrendering Nazi...um,
.....*after* it was no longer an issue - IYKWIM.

Might have been Battle of the Bulge (1965) or Dirty Dozen (1967) or Patton
(1970) or.....

Montblack

Old August 14th 05, 12:30 AM
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
Okay, well, if we pooled our resources, we could probably pick up a
used C-123 for pretty cheap. Or maybe a Caravan?

I think a Dodge Caravan will fit into the back of a C-123.
Old August 14th 05, 12:32 AM
john smith

Jay Honeck wrote:
Wait -- a TRAILER! That's what we need! Keep all the supplies in a
trailer, inside the storage facility, throughout the year.

Just remember to take along a cylinder of compressed air to pump up any
"low" tires on the trailer when it is picked up.
Old August 14th 05, 12:35 AM
john smith

Montblack wrote:
I couldn't remember the movie, The Longest Yard (1962) was my guess.

Wasn't that a Burt Reynolds movie about convicts playing football?
Old August 14th 05, 01:02 AM

Jay brainstormed:
Crap, I suppose you're right. We'll STILL have to transport the stuff
out to the campsite, somehow.

Wait -- a TRAILER! That's what we need! Keep all the supplies in a
trailer, inside the storage facility, throughout the year.

Then, when you come to OSH next year, you simply hook it up to your van
(which you have somehow magically transported onto the grounds, and
driven right up to the Exhibit halls without anyone noticing) and drive
it out to the North 40 -- where we won't have arrived yet!

You will then have to predict precisely where we will be camping, and
drop the load right *there*...

Okay, maybe there are some holes in the plan here...but we'll fill 'em
somehow!

:-)

This is getting complicated. We're going to need to hire some interns or
something.

-Tony Goetz

Old August 14th 05, 02:01 AM
Darrel Toepfer

john smith wrote:

Wasn't that a Burt Reynolds movie about convicts playing football?

He star'd in both of them...
Old August 14th 05, 03:14 AM
Morgans

"Blanche" wrote

Which is hysterically
funny, because the only "approved in the rules" method of destroying
a worn-out US flag is by burning.

No, there's no logic.

Correctly burning a flag to dispose of it involves separating the different
parts, such as the red stripes, the white stripes, and the blue field and
stars. Only after they are separated, are they burned.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 14th 05, 05:15 AM
Dave Stadt

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
john smith wrote:

Wasn't that a Burt Reynolds movie about convicts playing football?

He star'd in both of them...

He was most certainly not in the Longest Day.

Old August 14th 05, 05:31 AM
Jose

Section 3 (using the flag for advertising purposes), however, is obviously a law; it states that the offense described is a crime and dictates the fine.

.... and is also valid only in DC.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.

Oshkosh 2005 pictures up Owning 63 August 19th 05 01:38 PM
Oshkosh 2005 pictures up Home Built 4 August 11th 05 08:24 AM
Oshkosh Pictures Marv Home Built 2 August 2nd 05 01:14 AM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Instrument Flight Rules 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Owning 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM