Computer help (Got)

Old July 24th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Computer help (Got)

To All:

About a week ago I posted an appeal for help with my computer sys,
damaged during a recent stay in hospital. I've been using a lap-top
as the controller. The keyboard was physically damaged (key broken
off) and start-up wasn't starting up. Since all of the addresses were
in the lap-top, I no longer had access to about a terabyte of data.

I ordered a replacement keyboard (about $40 incl. shipping). Arrived
today. Dismantled the lap-top, found the #2 disk drive slightly out
of position, lots of dirt, etc.

Installed the new keyboard, straightened things out.

Operation normal in all respects.The work took about 1.5 hrs,
following instructions found on the internet.

The lap-top will be temporarily re-integrated with the system. When
everything is running normally I'll swap it out, replace it with
something more suitable... like a Vic-20 :-)

-R.S.Hoover
Old July 25th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:38:28 +0000, Scott

[...]

Hey! I still have a couple VIC-20s and a C-64 laying around!!!
Unfortunately, they are not for sale...still use them to practice
machine language programming Who says "kids" always do things the
hard way???

Scott
Corben Junior Ace (Continental powered)

Radio Shack CoCo 2 with A-Dos, dual 360 floppies, monitor driver and
OS9 and an MC10 still sitting on my shelf. The COCo has an e-prom
burner on it that I built over 20 years ago. The MC10 was modified to
run off 12 volts DC - we were going to use it as a rally calculator in
the R12 but never found a suitable display before I gave up rally
driving and got married.

computer lynas Piloting 0 June 24th 08 07:43 AM
New computer Cal Vanize Simulators 0 April 6th 06 05:28 AM
Sim Computer Lifelists Simulators 8 January 6th 05 01:35 AM
My new computer and FS 2004 Marco Rispoli Piloting 3 September 3rd 04 08:18 PM
C5A COMPUTER TEST SET Mikel Giles Products 0 February 7th 04 06:14 PM