Are You Pilot?

Old February 16th 04, 01:54 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

So often in life we go about in our day-to-day life; thinking about we
did,,, thinking about what we plan to do. The sad part of it all is that
most of us spend so little time in-the-moment that we 'miss' the experience
of being alive,,, in EACH moment.

When I fly (to borrow and paraphrase from a few authors), I am totally in
that moment, feeling vividly and vibrantly ALIVE. The closest thing I can
equate it to is when I performed as a musician when I was younger - during
the moments on stage, as it were, I was totally energized and living in that
moment. It is that 'mountain top' experience...

'IT' is often referred to as the 'rapture of being alive',,,, flying brings
me to that place.... It is truly the gift without price....

If you need more inspiration, pick up two books in paperback. "A Gift of
Wings", by Richard Bach and "Biplane" by Richard Bach,,,,, there is another
MOST excellent book by Bach which is an account of him 'barnstorming' with
some buddies across the country,,, the title escapes me, but someone in this
newsgroup will know the book I am talking about.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

Old February 16th 04, 01:57 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

....???? Wow,,,, yours last for HOURS ??????? ;-)

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Skyking" wrote in message
om...
(Abhi) wrote in message

. com...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

About like the best Orgasm that I've had.

Skyking

Old February 16th 04, 02:07 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Flying is life-and-death control of your own fate every second"
H. Adam Stevens" wrote in message

Well you obviously have never driven your car down the Pacific Coast along
the famed patch of road/cliff called Devil's Slide here in my 'backyard' :-)
....... Life and death is less than a second's steering wheel movement
away,,,,, YIKERS!!!!

with no help possible from outside.

Life and death???? Get some recurrency training, ya shouldn't be flying
like that!!!! ;0)

My goodness, man,,,,, how the heck are ya flying that plane????
GRIN

Seriously though,,,,, I hope you aren't of the same ilk that will take eager
aviation newbies up for their first flight and then demonstrate a spin..

Sure, there is risk in anything you do, but for goodness sake, flying isn't
like balancing on the head of a pin above a volcano for goodness sake. If
anything, I find it relaxing/soothing to my mind and spirit. Yes there are
risks but they are all most manageable, for the most part.

=-----

"David Brooks" wrote in message
"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
How do you feel when you fly the plane?

I am NOT Pilot...

-Abhi.

I feel about the same as the guys quoted he
http://www.skygod.com/quotes/quotes.html

Well, except for the one that is framed and hanging on my wall, which is

how
I feel when I'm not flying the plane. The one by da Vinci, who never

knew
the experience but seemed to know it so well.

On a more prosaic level, I feel - proud.

-- David Brooks

And are you sure Leonardo never did?
I wouldn't put it past him.

Old February 16th 04, 11:24 PM
Paul Folbrecht

Tantra?

...???? Wow,,,, yours last for HOURS ??????? ;-)

Old February 17th 04, 06:46 PM
Paul Sengupta

Tantric flying?

Paul