Electric locomotion will replace internal combustion

Old September 24th 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Electric locomotion will replace internal combustion

On Sep 23, 12:30*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the 120
miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

Old September 24th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30Â*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the 120
miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

So now you are claiming that there is a pure electric car in production
that gets 300 miles to a charge?

Where is it?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 24th 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 24, 1:40*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the 120
miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

So now you are claiming that there is a pure electric car in production
that gets 300 miles to a charge?

Where is it?

--
Jim Pennino

Oh, I think you may find it about 8 posts
back above this one, where I told you the first
time. However, they frequently exceed that
distance.

---
Mark
Old September 24th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30Â*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the 120
miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

So now you are claiming that there is a pure electric car in production
that gets 300 miles to a charge?

Where is it?

--
Jim Pennino

Oh, I think you may find it about 8 posts
back above this one, where I told you the first
time. However, they frequently exceed that
distance.

---
Mark

I'm not going back through all your broken links.

Put up or shut up.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 24th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the
120 miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

So now you are claiming that there is a pure electric car in
production that gets 300 miles to a charge?

Where is it?

--
Jim Pennino

Oh, I think you may find it about 8 posts
back above this one, where I told you the first
time. However, they frequently exceed that
distance.

The Tesla Roadster only claims 245 miles/charge.
The Tesla Model S claims 300 miles/charge, but Tesla says it wont be
available till 2012.

Oh yeah - the Tesla Roadster has a list price of $109,000.
The Tesla Model S is listed at $56,500.
There is a $7500 tax incentive that drops those prices a little.

You can buy a pretty nice plane for $109k.
Old September 24th 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 24, 2:18*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the 120
miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

So now you are claiming that there is a pure electric car in production
that gets 300 miles to a charge?

Where is it?

--
Jim Pennino

Oh, I think you may find it about 8 posts
back above this one, where I told you the first
time. However, they frequently exceed that
distance.

---
Mark

I'm not going back through all your broken links.

Put up or shut up.

--
Jim Pennino

????? It isn't a link. I gave you the manufacturer's
name and model. It goes 300 miles on a charge.
It costs less than my truck did.

---
Mark
Old September 24th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 24, 2:37*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30*pm, wrote:

[...]

At this juncture we're discussing whether the technology
exists, and if it's going mainstream.

In 1969 I paid $75.00 for a calculator. It had 7 functions...
[ On, Off, Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, and Clear ]

----
Mark
Old September 24th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 24, 2:18*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30*pm, wrote:

In other words, there is nothing in production that makes even the 120
miles you claim.

Jim Pennino

300 ÷ 120 = 2.5

---
Mark

So now you are claiming that there is a pure electric car in production
that gets 300 miles to a charge?

Where is it?

--
Jim Pennino

Oh, I think you may find it about 8 posts
back above this one, where I told you the first
time. However, they frequently exceed that
distance.

---
Mark

I'm not going back through all your broken links.

Put up or shut up.

--
Jim Pennino

Actually, it wasn't "all your broken links". The one
that so greatly disturbed and upset you a couple of
posts back, had the same link, in the same post,
just above it, which worked. I simply hand typed
the same link below it, ommitting one number.
The comparison was hard to miss.

----
Mark
Old September 24th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 2:37Â*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30Â*pm, wrote:

[...]

No, where are discussing whether or not the technology is on the market
with a side discussion of how affordable it is if it is on the market.

In 1969 I paid $75.00 for a calculator. It had 7 functions...
[ On, Off, Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, and Clear ]

Complex chips were infant technology in 1969.

Batteries and electric motors are mature technologies.

All the improvements in both in the last few decades have been in the area
of expensive materials engineering, i.e. rare earth elements.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 24th 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 2:18Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 24, 1:40Â*pm, wrote:
Mark wrote:
On Sep 23, 12:30Â*pm, wrote:

[...]

If you actually had something it would have been easier for you to just
repost the make and model instead of hand waving about it.

Put up or shut up.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.