The Worst Aviation Movie of All Time

Old March 28th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gregg Germain

Default The Worst Aviation Movie of All Time

Jay Honeck wrote:

We often talk about the BEST aviation movie here, but how 'bout the
worst?

There was a movie that came out after the "Battle of Britain". I was
aggressively awful - spits for German planes; 109's for RAF planes.

I don't recall the name - which I consider to be a very good thing

Old March 28th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
SNIP

Anyone got any other "nominations" for WORST ever?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Armageddon.

DW

Old March 28th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

I would add all of the "Airport" movies to the candidates' list!

"Airport" movies are hilarious when first viewed after seeing "Airplane"

--
Bob Noel
(gave up looking for a particular sig the lawyer will hate)

Old March 29th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VE5JL

The first two Airport movies were not too bad. However the third was
implausible and the 4th had JJ Walker in it and a commercial jet (CONcord)
that did aerobatics to avoid being shot down and then continued on with the
flight.

Iron Eagle (all of them) are the worst in my books. (Not that I've seen more
then five minutes of any of them.)

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

We often talk about the BEST aviation movie here, but how 'bout the
worst?

I'd put "Pearl Harbor" up against anything for sheer Hollywood

stupidity.
Sure, there have been plenty of crappy aviation B-movies made, but P H

was
crappiness on a grand scale.

Second that!!

Even worse is having a teenaged daughter (Josh Harnett fan) that brought

it
home on DVD and played it several times.

I would add all of the "Airport" movies to the candidates' list!

Old March 29th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

We often talk about the BEST aviation movie here, but how 'bout the
worst?

For the number of technical errors in a movie that PRETENDS TO BE
HISTORY, "Midway" is a strong contender!

The account of the battle, so far as I know, is accurate, but the
flying scenes are riddled with errors.

(But I must confess I've watched it over and over and over, anyway!)

vince norris
Old March 29th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Jim Macklin wrote:
I agree, IRON EAGLE is terrible, but a close second has to
be the re-make of FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX, at least as
compared to the wonderful original with Jimmy Stewart, et
al.

Agreed, Iron Eagle would be near impossible to top for stupidity, and Flight
of the Phoenix was an absolute insult to the original............

MnM (ex CRaSH

Old March 29th 07, 01:08 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru
Kev

On Mar 28, 5:56 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote :
As I recall, Hailey's _Airport_ was an excellent book, and quite
accurate

Yes, it was a good book. It and "Hotel" were big-time sellers.

How th e**** would you know? You don't know anything about aviation
djikkkwad.

Bertie, you make Mx look far more mature than you.

Kev

Old March 29th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
We often talk about the BEST aviation movie here, but how 'bout the
worst?

I reakon I have 2 candidates in the DVD cupboard at home. Can't think of the
titles right now, but I'll check tonight and let you know.
Ones about a 'smart' stealth fighter that flies itself, and obviously gets
wise to the fact it can think for itself, and then goes and tries to blow up
the enemy by itself.
The second one surprisingly has some well known actors in it, but really
stinks. Basic story was that a passenger plane is in trouble due to
hijackers, and needs to land on some island that has an army base on it. Our
hero shoots all the bad guys, saves the hot hostage, and has no choice but
to try and land the plane. It's stormy as all heck, and the runway isn't
long enough. The soldiers get out in the middle of the night and extend the
runway with a few bulldozers and the plane miraculously lands and all are
safe. I'll check out the titles and let you know.
Crash Lander

Old March 29th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

"Kev" wrote in
oups.com:

:
As I recall, Hailey's _Airport_ was an excellent book, and quite
accurate

Yes, it was a good book. It and "Hotel" were big-time sellers.

How th e**** would you know? You don't know anything about aviation
djikkkwad.

Bertie, you make Mx look far more mature than you.

Thank you. Sop few people "get" me.

Bertie