Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 13th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

On 2008-03-13, Dan Luke wrote:
3) You are still dodging the central flaw of your conspiracy theory: that
tens of thousands of scientists and their professional associations are
perpetrating a hoax. That is simply nuts, for the same reason all such
conspiracy theories are nuts.

No, I explained it. No overt conspiracy is needed, just observation of the
results of publishing science contrary to the AGW dogma.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old March 13th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Jay Maynard" wrote:

3) You are still dodging the central flaw of your conspiracy theory:
that
tens of thousands of scientists and their professional associations are
perpetrating a hoax. That is simply nuts, for the same reason all such
conspiracy theories are nuts.

No, I explained it. No overt conspiracy is needed, just observation of the
results of publishing science contrary to the AGW dogma.
--

Sorry, John; it won't fly.

You still have to believe that the thousands of peer-reviewed research
papers that have been published are faked. That's just silly.

And, once again: who has been excommunicated? What did they publish?

Old March 13th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

Whoops.

"Jay," not "John"

my apologies

Old March 13th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Jay Maynard" wrote:

3) You are still dodging the central flaw of your conspiracy theory:
that
tens of thousands of scientists and their professional associations
are perpetrating a hoax. That is simply nuts, for the same reason
all such conspiracy theories are nuts.

No, I explained it. No overt conspiracy is needed, just observation
of the results of publishing science contrary to the AGW dogma.
--

Sorry, John; it won't fly.

You still have to believe that the thousands of peer-reviewed research
papers that have been published are faked. That's just silly.

And, once again: who has been excommunicated? What did they publish?

If i ever want my image carved in granite on the side of a mountain, Mt
Rushmore style, I will definitely commision you to do it.

Bertie
Old March 13th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
There's a perfectly rational explanation for the "overwhelming
scientific consensus": any researcher who dares disagree finds
himself without a pipeline into the grant money gravy train.
Scientists have to eat just like the rest of us.

Perfectly rational? It's absurd.

To believe it, you have to believe that virtually every practicing
geo-scientist in the world is cooking the books

No, you only have to know history. Look up Copernicus, and what
happened when his perfectly rational heliocentric theories ran up
against well-financed, fervent opposition.

Not analogous.

Copernicus was opposed by the Church according to its dogma.

Xactly. hijacking Copernicus for their own ends in this argument is akin to
saying that Jim Morrison is the father of christian music

Bertie

Old March 13th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

If i ever want my image carved in granite on the side of a mountain, Mt
Rushmore style, I will definitely commision you to do it.

Ya think i'm knocking any chips off?

Old March 13th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13tiqn5rn2lif15
@news.supernews.com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

If i ever want my image carved in granite on the side of a mountain, Mt
Rushmore style, I will definitely commision you to do it.

Ya think i'm knocking any chips off?

Nope. THe mountain will only be made of granite though./

Bertie
Old March 13th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Again, to believe in your conspiracy theory, you have to believe that
virtually every practicing geo-scientist in the world is cooking the
books to perpetrate a massive hoax.

That is nuts.

Okay, I'll agree with that -- but I also agree with Jay Maynard that there
is a "bandwagon" here that is quite compelling to researchers all over the
world. And if you're not on it, you're not in the money.

So, setting aside, for the moment, the debate over whether it's real or not,
I'm still waiting to hear from you what can realistically be done by humans
to "save the planet" from global climate change.

And I mean things that are real, not "switch to solar power" or "build more
wind mills" -- which are nice, warm-fuzzy things to do that (unfortunately)
have a negligible impact on our energy production needs. No matter how
much everyone wishes for it, we're not going to escape our need for big-box
power plants that run on fossil or nuclear fuels -- at least not unless
we're willing to largely dismantle modern society.

And, since I don't know anyone who is willing to do that, I submit that
you're worrying about the wrong things. Assuming you buy the theory in the
first place, the earth is going to warm up, sea levels are going to rise --
and the REAL debate isn't how to stop it, but how will humans adapt to it?
That is a more logical place to direct our intellectual and financial
efforts, IMHO.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA