BOXES, CANDLES AND YUGOS

Old October 24th 04, 05:20 PM
Cribsheet

Default BOXES, CANDLES AND YUGOS

BOXES, CANDLES AND YUGOS

Some months ago, a southern California environmentalist sat in an oak tree for
over two months in an attempt to save the tree. When served with an eviction
notice, he chained himself to the tree. The end came when the chains were cut
and he was removed from his perch. Other environmental groups are attacking SUV
owners often accusing them of aiding and abetting terrorism.

While environmentalists view these acts as admirable they are mute on the root
cause of pollution. Instead of attacking the problem, they are nibbling at the
symptoms. Saving one tree and getting a few SUVs off the road will do little to
solve our environmental problems. In the days of sailing ships, old salts
cautioned newbies not to **** into the wind yet that is exactly what
environmentalists are doing.

According to the Census Bureau, by 2050 the U.S. population will double and by
2100 it will quadruple and exceed ONE BILLION. In other words by 2100, the U.S.
will have four times the current population to educate, feed, clothe,
transport, and house. Joining China and India at the ONE BILLION mark is not
something any American should look forward to. Unfortunately, Census Bureau
projections are highly inaccurate-their projections for 2000 were too low by
millions. An independent demographer predicts that our population could rise to
550 million by 2050 and reach ONE BILLION by 2088. Just to keep up with
population growth, the U.S. has to generate 150,000 to 200,000 jobs per month.
The probability of creating this many jobs in the near term is slim. If you
think we have too few jobs, too many SUVs or too many trees being chopped down
today just wait a few years.

Environmentalists should be leading the charge to control our population
growth; instead, they are sitting on the sidelines or nibbling at the edges.
Many greenies claim they are fighting to control worldwide population growth;
again, they are tilting at windmills as worldwide population growth is beyond
their control and only provides an excuse to avoid discussing U.S. population
growth. It is intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that people
cause pollution. Rising populations increase pollution and deplete natural
resources. Many greenies are not afraid to say you should live in a cardboard
box, drive a Yugo, and read by candlelight yet they lack the intestinal
fortitude to speak out on the root cause of pollution---unsustainable
population growth. Environmentalists are on a fool's errand if they believe we
can be green without curtailing the massive legal and illegal immigration that
is driving U.S. population growth.

Please copy and distribute freely.

Old October 24th 04, 05:36 PM
C J Campbell

Keep your neo-Malthusian tripe off the aviation news groups. Most of the
assumptions in your diatribe are just flat wrong.

Old October 24th 04, 06:47 PM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Keep your neo-Malthusian tripe off the aviation news groups. Most of the
assumptions in your diatribe are just flat wrong.

Well, at least you didn't quote the spam. And I got to learn a new word.
But if you hadn't posted, I (and everyone else whose ISPs filtered out the
spam already) would never have known there was anything up in the first
place. Now I have to see the word "Yugo" in the r.a.piloting newsgroup.

Old October 25th 04, 12:11 AM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Keep your neo-Malthusian tripe off the aviation news groups. Most of the
assumptions in your diatribe are just flat wrong.

Well, at least you didn't quote the spam. And I got to learn a new word.
But if you hadn't posted, I (and everyone else whose ISPs filtered out the
spam already) would never have known there was anything up in the first
place. Now I have to see the word "Yugo" in the r.a.piloting newsgroup.

Boy, that IS offensive. Sorry, here, I will change it. :-)

Old October 25th 04, 12:52 AM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
[...]
Now I have to see the word "Y***" in the r.a.piloting newsgroup.

Boy, that IS offensive. Sorry, here, I will change it. :-)

Thank you. You missed a bit of necessary editing, but I took care of that
for you.

A clean newsgroup is a happy newsgroup.

Old October 25th 04, 03:24 AM
C J Campbell

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"C J Campbell" wrote in message
[...]
Now I have to see the word "Y***" in the r.a.piloting newsgroup.

Boy, that IS offensive. Sorry, here, I will change it. :-)

Thank you. You missed a bit of necessary editing, but I took care of that
for you.

A clean newsgroup is a happy newsgroup.

My favorite review of the Y**** was in Car & Driver, which summed it with
something like, "The only thing we liked about this car was when we slammed
the door and stomped away from it."

Old October 25th 04, 09:26 AM
Matt Barrow

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

My favorite review of the Y**** was in Car & Driver, which summed it with
something like, "The only thing we liked about this car was when we

slammed
the door and stomped away from it."

When you have an accident in one, You Go!!

Old October 25th 04, 06:40 PM
John Stevens

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
My favorite review of the Y**** was in Car & Driver, which summed it with
something like, "The only thing we liked about this car was when we slammed
the door and stomped away from it."

As I recall they reviewed both the Y*** and a Lamborghini (sp?)
Contach in the same issue, noting that the rear wing on the Contach
was the cheapest performance option they'd ever seen - delete the
wing, save $4000 and go 5mph faster. In the next issue a letter to the
editor stated "For $4000, I'd rather have the wing from the Contach in
my living room than the Y*** in my garage."

Sounds right to me.
John S.
Pilot wannabe, 12 hours