Schempp-Hirth Font Face

Old April 1st 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Schempp-Hirth Font Face

Could someone provide me with the name of the font face used by
Schempp on model names below the canopy and in their marketing
materials?

TIA

2c
Old April 1st 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Apr 1, 1:26 pm, "
wrote:
Could someone provide me with the name of the font face used by
Schempp on model names below the canopy and in their marketing
materials?

You mean like at the top of this document?

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/fileadm...2cxMPros04.pdf

It looks to be done by hand, not with an established typeface that
embodies every letter of the alphabet. I decomposed the .pdf file and
found that that lettering is done with individual curves, not with a
font or typeface.

If what you want to do is put the word "Discus" or "Ventus" on a
document or on graphics that you stick onto your trailer, that's
pretty easy. All you need to do is open the .pdf in Illustrator (or
similar), group the strokes that form the word, scale the group to the
desired size, and then use it as you wish.

If what you want to do is create graphic lettering of that style but
with different words and characters, you pretty much have to do that
by hand in Illustrator (or similar). I suppose that there might be an
established font for that, but I've never encountered it in any
publishing app I've yet used.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old April 1st 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes Bob, thats the idea.

The earlier models had the same thing without the shadow effect.

Anyone know if there is any font out there that will approximate
this? I have a Ventus 1a that I am putting new contest letters on.
The contest letters are printed vinyl that has a "very special"
pattern I've selected. The nose of the glider and "Ventus" logo by
the cockpit are in red which doesnt match with my new print. Fixing
the nose is fairly easy as I can just get the pattern printed on a
square sheet, use cardboard to come up with the proper shapes, and go
from there. Its the logo thats the issue.

TIA

2C

On Apr 1, 5:25 pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Apr 1, 1:26 pm, "

Old April 2nd 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have received what I needed. Thank you to those who responded
privately.

2C

Old April 3rd 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

So enlighten us. What was the type face that is being used? Or is it
a secret?
Old April 4th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 3, 1:02 am, ContestID67 wrote:
So enlighten us. What was the type face that is being used? Or is it
a secret?

There is no font face per say.... the letters are hand drawn. I
received a vector file for a Ventus c.... will just use the "Ventus"
portion. If anyone else wants it, drop me an e-mail and I'll forward
it on.

2C
Old April 4th 08, 12:23 PM
bagmaker bagmaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Melbourne Australia

Could someone provide me with the name of the font face used by
Schempp on model names below the canopy and in their marketing
materials?

An enterprising fellow might contact S-H and offer to advertise their product free if only they supplied a couple of large format stickers for the trailer.

Never hurts to ask!

bagger
Old January 21st 17, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 3, 1:02 am, ContestID67 wrote:
So enlighten us. What was the type face that is being used? Or is it
a secret?

There is no font face per say.... the letters are hand drawn. I
received a vector file for a Ventus c.... will just use the "Ventus"
portion. If anyone else wants it, drop me an e-mail and I'll forward
it on.

2C

Greetings! I would love to be able to get the Discus portion in vector. I have been looking for a decent logo on the web so i can trace it, but there is nothing out there that I am able to work with for my skill level. Anyone have "Discus" in vector?

Thanks in advance!
Old January 21st 17, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NG[_2_]

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 7:30:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:02 am, ContestID67 wrote:
So enlighten us. What was the type face that is being used? Or is it
a secret?

There is no font face per say.... the letters are hand drawn. I
received a vector file for a Ventus c.... will just use the "Ventus"
portion. If anyone else wants it, drop me an e-mail and I'll forward
it on.

2C

Greetings! I would love to be able to get the Discus portion in vector. I have been looking for a decent logo on the web so i can trace it, but there is nothing out there that I am able to work with for my skill level. Anyone have "Discus" in vector?

Thanks in advance!

That depends, what's your skill level? Most of this thread is 9 years old, so not a new issue. If you are willing to work in powerpoint and write vba by trial and error to draw it so it overlays closely on the original, you can get pretty close to what your original paint job looks like, or anything else you want, then export it as vector so somebody can cut vinyl lettering or vinyl stencils for painting. Or just hire a lettering/sign shop to do it. Email if you want more details.... http://noss.ws/temp/VentusGraphics.pdf
Old January 23rd 17, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

SH gave me the artwork when I repainted my 2cT, and I think I still have it. PM me and when I finish my trip the 27th I'll see if I can find it on my home computer. It made a very nice vinyl cutout graphic.

FS: Schempp-Hirth Discus A Tim Hanke Soaring 0 February 19th 06 03:16 PM
Schempp-Hirth Mel Dawson Soaring 0 February 15th 06 05:08 PM
Schempp-Hirth customer service Bill Daniels Soaring 0 October 16th 03 10:11 PM
Schempp Hirth or its Representatives... Chris OCallaghan Soaring 11 September 23rd 03 09:28 AM
Excellent follow-up by Schempp-Hirth! ventus2ct (Ruud Holswilder) Soaring 2 August 9th 03 09:19 PM