[US] Source for plastic wheel chocks with holders?

Old March 29th 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default [US] Source for plastic wheel chocks with holders?

One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3
Old March 29th 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm[_2_]

Default Source for plastic wheel chocks with holders?

On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:
One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

My neighbor at the airport mentioned WalMart for the wheel chocks,
since mine are pretty ancient and the holders have long since fallen
apart.
I haven't gone to look, though, since I just chuck my chocks in the
front
of the trailer whenever I go someplace with it.

-- Matt
Old March 29th 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:
One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

Yea, I know it's in Germany, but, here you go...

http://www.tripus.de/Wheel-chocks-2954-90.html
Old March 29th 10, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Mar 29, 8:19*am, rlovinggood wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

Yea, I know it's in Germany, but, here you go...

http://www.tripus.de/Wheel-chocks-2954-90.html

I know it's not local, but Northern Tool carries a variety of chocks
and lots of trailer parts too.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0617_200310617

Craig
Old March 29th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

Yea, I know it's in Germany, but, here you go...

http://www.tripus.de/Wheel-chocks-2954-90.html

I know it's not local, but Northern Tool carries a variety of chocks
and lots of trailer parts too.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0617_200310617

Craig- Hide quoted text -

Chocks I got. It's the little holders that I need.
Old March 29th 10, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Mar 29, 11:19*am, rlovinggood wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

Yea, I know it's in Germany, but, here you go...

http://www.tripus.de/Wheel-chocks-2954-90.html

Vielen Dank! I'll use that a last resort in case I have a trip there
later this year...

Old March 29th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

Yea, I know it's in Germany, but, here you go...

http://www.tripus.de/Wheel-chocks-2954-90.html

Vielen Dank! *I'll use that a last resort in case I have a trip there
later this year...

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=164

Looks like you could make your own pretty easy.
Old March 29th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

[...]

Ah Ha. I'll read more closely next time. Good luck with the search.
Craig
Old March 29th 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_4_]

On Mar 29, 10:19*am, rlovinggood wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

One of the plastic chock holders that came with my Anschau (Komet)
trailers has fallen apart. *Before I do the obvious and go to the
trailer dealer(s) for an (expensive) replacement, has anyone found a
local source for these? * I'm looking for a set of light-weight
plastic chocks with holders, so I tried googling various combinations
and going to the usual sites (Grainger, eTrailer, etc.) without luck.
Haven't looked too hard, but figured I'd take the easy way out and
enlist the help of R.A.S.

P3

Yea, I know it's in Germany, but, here you go...

http://www.tripus.de/Wheel-chocks-2954-90.html

Try your local "Camping World" or other RV supply places.
Old March 30th 10, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

On Mar 29, 9:56*am, mattm wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:11*am, Papa3 wrote:

[...]

Yes, I can confirm that Wallmart has trailer wheel chocks, in the
automotive section. I purchased a pair of REESE Wheel chocks from them
for $7.99 in the last two weeks. A quick websearch shows that Lowes,
amazon and a bunch of other suppliers also carry them. Here the link
for Lowe's website:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_259328-29318...8_?identifier=

Bastoune