N482BG / C-GHMY Jantar Standard 2 history request

Old December 15th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GK[_2_]

Default N482BG / C-GHMY Jantar Standard 2 history request

$7,100 plus buyer fee of 15% totals to $8165 as is. Trailer tires had
to be replaced and the trailer wiring and lights also (Schreder type
aluminum trailer in good shape). Need seat belts and tail pin. The pin
is obtainable but have not been quoted a price yet. It has a Filser
DX50AI GPS NAV/vario with data logger unit, Rico vario, Dittel ATR 720
Comm radio, altimeter, PZL vario, PZL compass, and A/S. No microphone.
No parachute. Condition of the glider appears very good. Lynn- Hide quoted text -

Congrats on the deal. I was trying to convince some of my club
members to participate... However the auction description was very
sketchy and the bank rep./contact was no help at all. On another
note: SZD has a good customer support so getting parts should be no
problem at all. Post some pictures once you get a chance.

GK
Old December 15th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Jardini

I love that RICO "geiger counter" audio. The hockey puck on edge
display is odd though.

Why don't modern varios give a menu of audio styles or let you program
in your own? It would be a nice selling point.

mj
Old December 16th 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lynn

On Dec 15, 2:22*pm, GK wrote:
$7,100 plus buyer fee of 15% totals to $8165 as is. Trailer tires had
to be replaced and the trailer wiring and lights also (Schreder type
aluminum trailer in good shape). Need seat belts and tail pin. The pin
is obtainable but have not been quoted a price yet. It has a Filser
DX50AI GPS NAV/vario with data logger unit, Rico vario, Dittel ATR 720
Comm radio, altimeter, PZL vario, PZL compass, and A/S. No microphone.
No parachute. Condition of the glider appears very good. Lynn- Hide quoted text -

* Congrats on the deal. I was trying to convince some of my club
members to participate... However the auction description was very
sketchy and the bank rep./contact was no help at all. *On another
note: SZD has a good customer support so getting parts should be no
problem at all. Post some pictures once you get a chance.

GK

I would be happy to post the pictures but my computer illiterate brain
says the posting procedure does not explain this process. Any help out
there?
Old December 16th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GK[_2_]

On Dec 15, 7:08*pm, lynn wrote:
On Dec 15, 2:22*pm, GK wrote:

[...]

- Easiest way would probably be: picasaweb.google.com Service is
pretty self-explanatory.
Requires esablishing google account and if you download the picassa
application it gets even easier.
I hope that helps,

GK
Old December 17th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

$7,100 plus buyer fee of 15% totals to $8165 as is. Trailer tires had
to be replaced and the trailer wiring and lights also (Schreder type
aluminum trailer in good shape). Need seat belts and tail pin. The pin
is obtainable but have not been quoted a price yet. It has a Filser
DX50AI GPS NAV/vario with data logger unit, Rico vario, Dittel ATR 720
Comm radio, altimeter, PZL vario, PZL compass, and A/S. No microphone.
No parachute. Condition of the glider appears very good. Lynn- Hide quoted text -

I am not impressed with the fact you apparently did not perform any
significant direct due diligence such as AD and TN search, contact the
mfg for evidence of spares and support, factory certification info
(TCDS), Title seach with 337 's, cerification and registration
history, ect. AOPA has done the Title search containing 80% of the
above info for $100 US for me within 24 hrs. The other 20% could have
been done in an hour of googling.

There is lots of older glass out there, prices are not much more than
10k if you look around. I hope you have at least flown this type and
know what you are getting into. If so, and it is a flyable ship, it
won't matter in a few years if you paid too much or too little.

Good luck;

aerodyne
Old December 17th 10, 02:07 AM
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

;757949]
$7,100 plus buyer fee of 15% totals to $8165 as is. Trailer tires had
to be replaced and the trailer wiring and lights also (Schreder type
aluminum trailer in good shape). Need seat belts and tail pin. The pin
is obtainable but have not been quoted a price yet. It has a Filser
DX50AI GPS NAV/vario with data logger unit, Rico vario, Dittel ATR 720
Comm radio, altimeter, PZL vario, PZL compass, and A/S. No microphone.
No parachute. Condition of the glider appears very good. Lynn- Hide quoted text -

I am not impressed.

Hey, congratulations,
You stated that you bid close to the end of the auction. While gutsy, I think you did fine, it sounds like you knew it was a gamble. and are now doing "due diligence". also it sounds like you got at least some of the logbooks! BTW I'm flying a lx filser dx50 fai logger, I like it a lot! great support from lx on that instrument.
Good luck and thanks for sharing!
Scott.
Old December 17th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Dec 16, 6:22*pm, wrote:
[...]

Aerodyne,

Are you Linnie the Lurker come back to haunt us? Bah Humbug, etc.

Lynn bought a ship through an auction, when was he suppose to get all
this information. The Auction house was extremely not helpful prior
to the sell.

Please point me int he direction of these $10K glass ships, I would
like to buy a few of them for our club.
Old December 17th 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Dec 16, 7:43*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Dec 16, 6:22*pm, wrote:

[...]

like to buy a few of them for our club.- Hide quoted text -

I want one too!
Old December 17th 10, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Dec 16, 7:43*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:

Are you Linnie the Lurker come back to haunt us?

I commissioned several parts from Lennie. He is or was a good and
conscientious machinist, and most gracious in private correspondence.

Bob K.
Old December 17th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

Aerodyne,

This man new he was making a 7K dice roll. Maybe your disappointment
is the fact that his gamble has been fun for him.

XF

Jantar Standard Canopy jmarc Soaring 9 August 22nd 17 04:13 AM
WTB: Standard Jantar or ASW-19 Kevin Christner Soaring 2 January 9th 11 05:51 PM
Standard Jantar 48-3 & One-Man Assembly John[_27_] Soaring 6 July 20th 10 02:31 PM
Cockpit sizes of standard Jantar goneill Soaring 2 December 28th 03 11:29 AM
Jantar Standard 3 Miguel Lavalle Soaring 9 November 19th 03 12:01 AM