Oxygen regulator for MH EDS

Old September 14th 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Oxygen regulator for MH EDS

Does anyone know the specifics of what kind of regulator is used with the Older MH EDS systems? I’ve been given an older EDS unit but will have to buy a separate oxygen bottle and regulator.
Old September 14th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Check out the Mountain High website http://www.mhoxygen.com/.
Everything you need should be there.

--
Dan, 5J

Old September 14th 18, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 8:51:18 AM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
Does anyone know the specifics of what kind of regulator is used with the Older MH EDS systems? I’ve been given an older EDS unit but will have to buy a separate oxygen bottle and regulator.

I have flown a glider with a Nelson (adjustable) regulator, with the pressure dialed down to the specs (that were, may still be) on the MH website.
But there's a reason the old ones are being given away. Perhaps use it as trade in on a new complete system.
Jim
Old September 14th 18, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

From the MH webpage for XCR regulators:

Inlet Pressure Rating:
2400 PSI MAX
Regulated Outlet:
16 ± 2 PSI (Dynamic) (NOM 1 Bar)
20 ± 2 PSI (Static)

Old September 14th 18, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was using a nelson regulator and sent the entire O2D1 system back to mountain high a few years ago when they offered a free upgrade and checkout. Interestingly the found that the nelson regulator changed its output by more then 15 psi as the o2 bottle got low, and not they way you would think. It got higher as the pressure got lower. I had set it with a full bottle at 20Psi and was up to 30 psi at 500psi in the bottle.

CH