Big Bertha Thing blogs

Old March 31st 05, 06:27 PM
Tony Lance

Default Big Bertha Thing blogs

Big Bertha Thing hacked
Cosmic Ray Series
Possible Real World System Constructs
http://web.onetel.com/~tonylance/hacked.html
Access page to 15K ZIP file
Astrophysics net ring Access site
Newsgroup Reviews including alt.politics

301 files from the third battle of cyberspace.

Big Bertha Thing hacked

I can perhaps make a unique claim.
My Fortunecity web site has been closed, opened, hacked
and disabled by Fortunecity.

1. 30th October 2000 Closed
2. 30th December 2000 Opened
3. 31st December 2000 Hacked
4. 1st January 2001 Net ring code deleted

My Astrophysics web ring picture was replaced by a Fortunecity logo.
All I did was fight the third battle of cyberspace,
using my FC mailbox, amongst others and a mail to newsgroups gateway.

It was a text only battle, no hacking or even anonymous mail was used.
Site references were used instead of attachments.
Thank you,
Tony Lance

Big Bertha Thing reason

1. Third Battle of Cyberspace.
2. Death Threats.(3)
3. Newsgroup Review.
4. Odd newsgroup users with 1000 postings.
5. Berserker attacks on legitimate postings to sci.astro et al.
6. Political and totally innexplicable.
7. Net Newbie basket cases.
8. Violent spam busters.
9. Abuse complaints procedure.
10. Web site closure.

Take your pick, the opposition will not give you the choice.

Tony Lance

Big Bertha Thing corporate

1. What happened to the guys on the most wanted list?
2. Corporate America opened fire with an industrial
strength denial of service attack.
3. It was complete with worm virus.
4. 150K mailbox postings.
5. Daily basis.
6. Unlimited smtp mailboxes and names.
7. Ownership of smtp mailbox provider.
8. This is a proprietorial interest in Usenet newsgroup
postings.
9. Big Bertha is now on the list.
10. A sustainable defense would be nice.
11. When the guns fall silent, the battle will be over.
12. There were enough shells for 42 months, without
recycling.

Big Bertha Thing binary

The defense is of course binary; the old one two.
You need two filters.
The first blocks mailbox entry and strips out the from
mailbox address, for disclosure.
It uses mailbox address or sufix to select postings.
The second uses partial strings.
Any portion of the mailbox address or subject line to
select postings.
It flags them as deleted and moves them to the trashcan.
The trashcan auto-deletes before the mailbox fills up.
Lastly you need vacation auto-reply and a mailing list,
with an smtp mailbox.
The replies from auto reply tell you which mailboxes are
closed.
The mailing list replies confirms which mailboxes are open.

NB There may be another case with the same protaganist:-
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

Big Bertha Thing spamlock

One of the filters used includes the hosts shown as listed below.
1. These might be forgeries.
2. These might be global players carrying out denial of service attacks,
on newsgroup users, to further corporate aims.
3. Each mailbox is one-way; it can send mail, but not receive it.
4. To control the attack, some mailboxes need to be two-way.
5. Microsoft.com was once on the two-way list, but seems to have thought better of it.
6. Aol.com was once on the two-way list, but seems to have thought better of it.
7. Yahoo.com is still on the two-way list.
8. Forgers do not ever think better of it.
9. This list was first compiled in January 2004.
10. The attack has now stopped, after 12 months.
11. This is one month after disclosure of mailbox logs, on usenet.
12. Denial of service attacks are illegal, so what is the FBI doing about it
beyond prevarication?
13. The number of two-way mailboxes has been reduced to three major players.
14. Two of them are mentioned above. (Possibly all three.)
15. Microsoft in their recent unsuccessfull proposal, wanted the internet to
use their patented software for identification of mailboxes. (Anti-open source) See
link:-
http://www.circleid.com/article/855_0_1_0_C/

List is as follows;-
advisor.com
advisor.net
advisor.ms.com
advisor_ms.com
advisor.ms.net
advisor_ms.net
advisor.msn.com
advisor_msn.com
advisor.msn.net
advisor_msn.net
advisor.msdn.com
advisor_msdn.com
advisor.msdn.net
advisor_msdn.net
advisor.microsoft.net
advisor_microsoft.net
advisor.microsoft.com
advisor_microsoft.com
america.net
america.com
aol.net
aol.com
bigfoot.net
bigfoot.com
bulletin.msdn.com
bulletin_msdn.com
bulletin.msdn.net
bulletin_msdn.net
bulletin.ms.com
bulletin.ms.net
bulletin_ms.com
bulletin_ms.net
bulletin.msn.com
bulletin_msn.com
bulletin.msn.net
bulletin_msn.net
bulletin.net
bulletin.com
bulletin.microsoft.net
bulletin_microsoft.net
bulletin.microsoft.com
bulletin_microsoft.com
confidence.com
confidence.net
confidence.msn.com
confidence.msn.net
confidence_msn.net
confidence_msn.com
confidence_ms.com
confidence_ms.net
confidence.ms.com
confidence.ms.net
confidence_msdn.com
confidence_msdn.net
confidence.msdn.com
confidence.msdn.net
confidence_microsoft.com
confidence.microsoft.com
confidence_microsoft.net
confidence.microsoft.net
freemail.com
freemail.net
microsoft.net
microsoft.com
msnews.microsoft.com
ms29.hinet.net
ms31.hinet.net
ms33.hinet.net
ms35.hinet.net
ms39.hinet.net
ms40.hinet.net
ms41.hinet.net
ms45.hinet.net
msa.hinet.net
netmail.net
netmail.com Major two-way mailbox player.
news.com
news.net
news.ms.com
news_ms.com
news.ms.net
news_ms.net
news.msn.net
news_msn.net
news_msn.com
news.msn.com
news.msdn.com
news.msdn.net
news_msdn.net
news_msdn.com
news.microsoft.net
news_microsoft.net
news_microsoft.com
news.microsoft.com
newsletters.ms.net
newsletters_ms.net
newsletters.ms.com
newsletters_ms.com
newsletters.msn.com
newsletter.msn.com
newsletters.msn.net
newsletters_msn.net
newsletters_msn.com
newsletters.msdn.com
newsletters_msdn.com
newsletters.msdn.net
newsletters_msdn.net
newsletters.com
newsletters.net
newsletters_microsoft.net
newsletters.microsoft.net
newsletters.microsoft.com Major two-way mailbox player.
newsletters_microsoft.com
puremail.net
puremail.com
rocketmail.com
rocketmail.net
support.com
support.net
support.ms.net
support_ms.net
support.ms.com
support_ms.com
support_msn.net
support.msn.net
support_msn.com
support.msn.com
support.msdn.com
support_msdn.com
support.msdn.net
support_msdn.net
support.microsoft.com
support_microsoft.com
support.microsoft.net
support_microsoft.net
technet.ms.com
technet_ms.com
technet_ms.net
technet.ms.net
technet.com
technet.net
technet.msdn.com
technet_msdn.com
technet_msdn.net
technet.msdn.net
technet.msn.net
technet_msn.net
technet.msn.com
technet_msn.com
technet_microsoft.com
technet.microsoft.com
technet.microsoft.net
technet_microsoft.net
updates.com
updates.net
updates.ms.com
updates_ms.com
updates.ms.net
updates_ms.net
updates.msdn.com
updates_msdn.com
updates_msdn.net
updates.msdn.net
updates.msn.com
updates_msn.com
updates.msn.net
updates_msn.net
updates.microsoft.com
updates_microsoft.com
updates.microsoft.net
updates_microsoft.net
yahoo.com Major two-way mailbox player.
yahoo.net
Old March 31st 05, 07:06 PM
Uncle Al

Tony Lance wrote:

[snip crap]

Idiot.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old March 31st 05, 08:54 PM
Repeating Rifle

From time to time I see posts on this topic. I have no idea what it is all
about. What I have read migh just as well have been written in Mercurochrome
(the language spoken on Mercury). I would ordinarily neglect such things but
it has been incredibly persistent. Is it something like perpetual motion? A
clue please.

Bikll

Old March 31st 05, 10:52 PM
Denny

Nyaaa, it's just that Tony is off his Lithium and sundry other drugs
again... Soon he will get violent, get taken back to the ward, and not
be heard from for months...

denny

Old April 24th 05, 01:07 AM

I have a couple great sites for everyone to check out.... please visit
these sites and take a look... Sorry for the spam but I am just
trying to promote.... These are great sites. One is for communities
and the other is for heavey equipment... They both are very
informative..

http://www.ureside.com

another great site is

http://www.mytractorforum.com