Wanted MiniBat

Old June 26th 05, 12:55 AM
chris

Default Wanted MiniBat

All or parts. Finnished or kit. I intend to design and build new
wings for this
type. The poor choice of airfoil on these rendered them almost
unflyable. I am in Chattanooga area.

Old June 26th 05, 03:52 PM

Don't use anything from the Dingbat. Really. If you're looking
to minimize effort on a new design, consider getting the front
half of a wrecked later-model production glider. Perhaps JJ
has something lying about...

Best Regards, Dave "YO"

Old June 30th 05, 01:37 AM
chris

Dave, thanks for the answer. who's JJ?? hmmm, front half of
production glider? sorry
but this is unclear to me. chris

Old June 30th 05, 01:49 AM
Udo Rumpf

Dave, thanks for the answer. who's JJ?? hmmm, front half of
production glider? sorry
but this is unclear to me. chris

J.J.
is one of the most prolific contributors of this group.
He was an expert glider repair person till his retirement from this
profession. He his a contest glider pilot and he has a great sense
of humour. Do a search into the archives of this group to get an
insight of J.J.
Udo
Old June 30th 05, 07:29 AM

JJ is a knobbly knee'd floppy winged black ace of old placerville town.

He now prefers to take to the air in a flying genital as his long
floppy wings got too wobbly for him.

Also why on earth would someone be interested in resurrecting a Mini
Bat.
Talk about flying death trap!! Ask Matt Redsell how dangerous flying
wings are, he will tell you.

Al

Old June 30th 05, 12:29 PM

The Grapevine says someone just wrecked a Libelle.
If you can buy it from the insurance company and the
forward part of the fuselage is in decent shape, you
can save yourself re-engineering and building a
whole lot of parts. JJ often has bits of gliders
lying about or in his attic. But don't use Dingbat
parts. Of course, the last wreck JJ bought for
salvage he couldn't help but rebuild (the Genesis
he just flew at Parawon)...

Old June 30th 05, 05:33 PM
pbc76049

JJ has been absolutely straight up on describing conditions of stuff he
sells.
He's had good advice for me and lets you pick his brain, NICE Guy.
Oh Yeah.... Theres a reason you can't find Minibat's flying at the field....
They are a pretty **** poor airplane.........

Scott.

Old June 30th 05, 10:01 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, Dave Nadler wrote:

...If you're looking to
minimize effort on a new design,
consider getting the front
half of a wrecked later-model
production glider...

I'd be glad to sell an HP-18 or RS-15 forward fuselage. Or even an
HP-24 forward fuselage, complete with composite canopy frame and molded
canopy transparency.

Bob K.

Old July 1st 05, 05:12 PM
MC

RS-15 fuse would be great beginning for a flying wing fuse if the existing
wing root area is glassed over and another wing root cut out that would be
more suitible for CG placement. Adding a vertical fin on a very short
tailboom would be fairly easy too when compared to making a one-off fuse.
Forget the Mini Bat connection. I remember calling one of the Reps to
enquire about it when it first came out only to find he had just died in his
MiniBat.

Mike C

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 1st 05, 09:45 PM
John Sinclair

At 16:24 01 July 2005, Mc wrote:
RS-15 fuse would be great beginning for a flying wing
fuse if the existing
wing root area is glassed over and another wing root
cut out that would be
more suitible for CG placement. Adding a vertical fin
on a very short
tailboom would be fairly easy too when compared to
making a one-off fuse.
Forget the Mini Bat connection. I remember calling
one of the Reps to
enquire about it when it first came out only to find
he had just died in his
MiniBat.

Flying wings have a hidden advantage. After entering
a thermal at Parowan in my Genesis, I heard the following
over the radio;'Gee's JJ, that was too close, lucky
you only got half a fuselage'.
Flying wings will someday rule the world,
JJ

Things Wanted Cheap MRQB Piloting 1 March 19th 04 02:25 AM
Things Wanted Cheap MRQB Restoration 0 March 19th 04 12:01 AM
Things Wanted Cheap MRQB Products 0 March 17th 04 08:26 PM
Things Wanted Cheap MRQB Aviation Marketplace 0 March 17th 04 09:46 AM
Conspiracy Theory’s real Script: Slave CIA, FBI change the story jews wanted to tell the media Jean-Paul Roy Restoration 0 July 12th 03 12:55 PM