Standard Cirrus C-Hook

Old September 20th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Default Standard Cirrus C-Hook

I purchased a Standard Cirrus with a bent C-Hook. This was bent when
the previous owner was putting the fuselage in the trailer. I ordered
new C-Hook from M&H Soaring and they sent me the new gray C-Hook
and as you can see, it is a different size.
Should I try to find another small one like the original or find a way
to install
the new one?

Any suggestions?

Pictures- http://web.me.com/rgteel/Site/Cirrus_C-Hook.html

Randy
Old September 20th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

what does the C-Hook do?

any good machine shop should be able to replicate a new hook from the
dimensions of the old one
BT

Old September 20th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris

Hi Randy
you will not get the new hook to fit as it not only has a bearing on the
inside of the hook, it also has a bearing that runs around the outside of
the hook and ensures the hook is captive.
Given that this is the elevator drive, I would not be bodging it up, the
new hook will not fit and modifying the tailplane to accept the new hook is
a lot of work and probably not feasible anyway.
I would be talking to the Schemmp Hirth agent in your area and getting the
correct part for the job.
It is possible to bend the hook when rigging the tailplane due to incorrect
rigging technique and forcing the tailplane on to the fitting.

Chris Runeckles
Universal Plastics Western Australia

Old September 20th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

I have several Cirrus stabs and a fin in the bard, I'll give a look.
May just give you the part if you'll tell me how to post a picture on
ras.
JJ

Old September 20th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Chris,
What size do you need in mm ?
JJ

Old September 20th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Good Morning JJ,
I do not know how to post a picture on RAS. That is why I
added it on a mac web page.
I have scanned in a drawing from the Cirrus manual
that show the dimensions.

http://web.me.com/rgteel/Site/Cirrus_C-Hook.html

Or you can send a picture directly to me. My email
in on the webpage.

Randy

You can always compare yours to the one that I have posted
on this page.

Old September 20th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

I don't see the size spelled out, what I have looks to be about 20mm.
Got to run, Q's will be poppin' today and I'm coming down with an
uncontrollable desire to commit avation!
JJ

Old September 20th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

May I recommend that you make sure that you continue to comply with the
1970 Tech Note 278-2 for the Std Cirrus both for the hook and the bearing.
See:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/index.php?id=30&L=1

The elevator connection for the Std Cirrus is idiosyncratic to rig, not
difficult to mis-connect (in my hands), and requires careful checking
before flight. Not a place for second hand or non-standard parts.

John Galloway

Randy wrote:
Good Morning JJ,
I do not know how to post a picture on RAS. That is why I
added it on a mac web page.
I have scanned in a drawing from the Cirrus manual
that show the dimensions.

http://web.me.com/rgteel/Site/Cirrus_C-Hook.html

Or you can send a picture directly to me. My email
in on the webpage.

Randy

You can always compare yours to the one that I have posted
on this page.
I have several Cirrus stabs and =EF=BF=BDa fin in the bard, I'll

Old September 21st 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

John,
Thanks for the link for the ADs and Technical Notes.
It is a great site.

This glider has been complied with for the the 1970 Tech Note 278-2.
The C-Hook is the same one shown in this Tech Note.

I have not been able to anything that mentions using this larger
hook and bearing.

Old September 21st 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Any chance the larger is for a Cirrus77?

Frank

On Sep 20, 7:12*pm, Randy wrote:
John,
Thanks for the link for the ADs and Technical Notes.
It is a great site.

This glider has been complied with for the the 1970 Tech Note 278-2.
The C-Hook is the same one shown in this Tech Note.

I have not been able to anything that mentions using this larger
hook and bearing.

On Sep 20, 3:52*pm, John Galloway wrote:

May I recommend that you make sure that you continue to comply with the
1970 Tech Note 278-2 for the Std Cirrus both for the hook and the bearing.
*See:

http://www.schempp-hirth.com/index.php?id=30&L=1

The elevator connection for the Std Cirrus is idiosyncratic to rig, not
difficult to mis-connect (in my hands), and requires careful checking
before flight. *Not a place for second hand or non-standard parts. *

John Galloway

Standard Cirrus Group Jim Hendrix Soaring 0 May 21st 08 03:15 PM
Standard Cirrus Don Burns Soaring 0 January 10th 07 06:24 AM
Hook up an mini headset to a Vertex Standard VX150 or 210 radio Peter Soaring 2 July 3rd 06 04:49 PM
Standard Cirrus Web Site Move Jim Hendrix Soaring 0 December 11th 04 04:11 PM
F/S - Standard Cirrus 75 Bob Soaring 0 October 4th 04 12:23 AM