OLC issues

Old May 20th 09, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default OLC issues

I noticed that other than the occasional issue with google maps, the
scoring is often wrong on olc this year. I often notice flights which
scored from takeoff instead of release. This seems mostly common on
high tows followed by long glides. Not sure if the issue is with
SeeYou optimization or OLC. So even with all the igc validation and
security, pilots can get extra points for their tow distance. This can
easily be corrected by clicking on edit and adjusting the start time
to release time.

Ramy
Old June 8th 09, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC/SeeYou issues

On May 19, 11:23*pm, Ramy wrote:
I noticed that other than the occasional issue with google maps, the
scoring is often wrong on olc this year. I often notice flights which
scored from takeoff instead of release. This seems mostly common on
high tows followed by long glides. Not sure if the issue is with
SeeYou optimization or OLC. So even with all the igc validation and
security, pilots can get extra points for their tow distance. This can
easily be corrected by clicking on edit and adjusting the start time
to release time.

Ramy

Is it only me noticing issues with OLC and SeeYou? All flights
submitted via SeeYou ver 3.94 and perhaps previous version are scored
wrongly on OLC. Tow release is no longer recognized so all flights are
scored from takeoff. For example my 15 miles tow today got scored as
part of the flight. The solution is to edit the flight on OLC and
adjust the start time to release time.

Ramy
Old June 9th 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

wrote:
On May 19, 11:23 pm, Ramy wrote:
[...]

Possibly, a direct submission to OLC would work better in these cases,
but I'm not in a position to test the idea.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "Transponders in Sailplanes"
http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* Sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old June 10th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gen

No, you are not alone. I correct my flights on SeeYou before
submitting. Once corrected on SeeYou, OLC seems to take it correctly.

-Gen

Old June 10th 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I believe the SeeYou team is working on it.
I love the OLC, and I think the OLC team is doing great job, but I
find it ironic that with all the validations and rules, one can easily
get scored for a flight behind a tow plane or with the motor out. I've
seen scores which even included aero retrieves... And in my last
flight my logger stopped working for few minutes resulting in 2 files,
so I stitched them together expecting to see a big red flag, instead I
got 2 greens, more then I normally get with my winpilot logs...
And then there is the occasional issue with Google maps which never
got fixed...

Ramy

On Jun 7, 11:03*pm, wrote:

On May 19, 11:23*pm, Ramy wrote:

[...]

Ramy- Hide quoted text -

OLC issues Ramy Soaring 9 March 5th 09 05:58 AM
OLC Issues Union Thug Soaring 3 July 15th 07 08:14 PM
Issues around de-ice on a 182 Andrew Gideon Piloting 87 September 27th 05 11:46 PM
Lycoming IO-360 issues Al Marzo Owning 0 August 8th 04 01:55 PM
Issues around de-ice on a 182 Andrew Gideon Owning 35 July 18th 04 06:42 PM