CBS News- Small Airport Security 1/14 Wed

Old January 17th 04, 08:07 AM
C J Campbell

"RobertR237" wrote in message
| In article om,
"Blueskies"
| writes:
|

| Kind of like the presidential candidates...all of them.
|
| --
| Dan D.
|

| I would agree with that statement 100 %.

We may end up, as Captain Jack Aubrey did, having to choose the lesser of
two weevils.

Old January 17th 04, 08:11 AM
C J Campbell

"RDA" wrote in message
. ..
| Dan Rather/ CBS Evening News is advertising a sensational news story about
| small airport security, or, as the advertisement implies, the serious lack
| of it.
|
| Typical tag line: "What we found out will surprise you!"
|
| Ok...prepare to be surprised...and gutted...and vivisectioned...only as
the
| media knows how...

Well, I guess tonight that CBS wanted to know why that drunken pilot in
Philadelphia was not blown out of the sky by the military. Never mind any
possible collateral damage to persons or property on the ground or to
passengers or family in the plane.

Of course, if the plane had been shot down, I can see CBS' tag line: "Bush
administration orders small plane shot down. Family of four, including
husband, wife and two small children murdered by cruel regime. See our full
report on this latest outrage at 11."

Old January 17th 04, 03:43 PM
RobertR237

In article , Richard Lamb
writes:

Well, I guess tonight that CBS wanted to know why that drunken pilot in
Philadelphia was not blown out of the sky by the military. Never mind any
possible collateral damage to persons or property on the ground or to
passengers or family in the plane.

Of course, if the plane had been shot down, I can see CBS' tag line: "Bush
administration orders small plane shot down. Family of four, including
husband, wife and two small children murdered by cruel regime. See our full
report on this latest outrage at 11."

Smack on the money.

How many times have you noticed the media do some eposure story that actually
produced some results and action only to witness the same media do another
story blasting the actions taken to correct the original problem? I have seen
it over and over again but it seems that most people never connect the two.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old January 22nd 04, 04:30 PM
Model Flyer

"Richard Isakson" wrote in message
Wait 'til the press finds out that little airplanes don't really

need
airports. There are millions of cow pastures across america that a

plane
can land in and load all sorts of evil. Tom Ridge will be doing

body cavity
searches on every cow he can find.

And you wondered where mad cows come from.

Mad Cows get it up the front end not the back end, that where the
bull get's in.:-)
--
---
Cheers,