Well, I'll play your silly game - Gordon's new SDASM acquisition - 11ext-front01

Old June 1st 07, 07:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Well, I'll play your silly game - Gordon's new SDASM acquisition - 11ext-front01

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11ext-front01.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	11938
Old June 1st 07, 06:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

In article ,
"Dave Kearton" wrote:

Ok, that is pretty cool. What's the story behind it?

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp.*- Ed Wood
Old June 1st 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Greasy Rider[_3_]

There was one of those at the museum in Lebourget. I usta visit that place
when I was looking for things to do in Paris. I always thought it droll
that the French would name a car Lemon...(Citroen)

Old June 2nd 07, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

"John Meyer" wrote in message
| In article ,
| "Dave Kearton" wrote:
|

| Ok, that is pretty cool. What's the story behind it?

Thanks, it just goes to show that there are still people on the planet with
too much time on their hands.

Gordon's comment

"Its really a fun item - I hope they do manage to get it running again. Its
a straight up mock-up, no CG, no rear motor (which is sad because in photos
I found on that internet thing, it shows it at an airshow with the rear fan
whirling away), and once you really look into the design, no real hope of
achieving flight. Its just *cool* - perfect for parades and airshows."

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 2nd 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

"Greasy Rider" wrote in message
| There was one of those at the museum in Lebourget. I usta visit that
place
| when I was looking for things to do in Paris. I always thought it droll
| that the French would name a car Lemon...(Citroen)

Well, we're learning something new every day. The 2CV has always had
that 'puckered up' look.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 2nd 07, 01:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bobby Galvez

Greasy Rider wrote:

There was one of those at the museum in Lebourget. I usta visit that place
when I was looking for things to do in Paris. I always thought it droll
that the French would name a car Lemon...(Citroen)

Lemon in French is "citron," not "Citroen."

I guess you could call it a "Lemoen." ;-)

BobbyG

Old June 2nd 07, 03:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Godwin

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
:

Well, we're learning something new every day. The 2CV has
always had that 'puckered up' look.

It was a real gas saver since it was always going "downhill".

Old June 2nd 07, 08:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Gene S. Park

citron is a lemon.
Andre Citroën was one of the worlds most avant garde car builders. First
mass produced FWD cars, Avant Traction which was in production from the mid
30's into the 1950's. His company designed and manufactured the 2CV for
several decades. A boxer 2 cylinder air-cooled engine that could run flat
out for hours without failing. The engine was built so tight that there were
no gaskets. When introduced in 1948 it had a 9 HP engine which was later
increased to 34 HP. Production in France ended in 1988, although the car was
produced in other countries until 2002.
The fuselage of this mockup appears to be a 1988 model. It is very cute, but
as anyone can tell even with the front engine and pilot and passenger in the
front of the cabin the center gravity would not allow the poor thing to fly.
The twin booms are far too short to provide any kind of balance or leverage
to maintain level flight. I wonder what Molt Taylor would think of it?

Gene
PS, I drive a 1988 CXA25 Citroën Prestige, a five passenger limousine. The
car can cruise at 120 mph. It has hydropenumatic suspension, brakes and
steering, making it the most comfortable car you can ride in. If it were the
turbo model then a top speed of 134 mph could be expected.

Old June 2nd 07, 12:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

Actually they pronounce it slightly differently (you distinctly hear the o
and the e).
The car is not called "lemon" (citroen), it's the name of the factory. The
car is the 2CV or "ugly duckling".
The factory was named after its founder, Dutchman Andre Citroen.

Regards,
Herman

"Greasy Rider" schreef in bericht

Old June 2nd 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Deux Cheveau aka 2CV (two steam horsepower according to a tax rating scheme
in France)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_2CV.