Frontier MD2

Old January 1st 04, 05:28 AM
rich a.

Default Frontier MD2

Last week I saw a Frontier MD2 sold on ebay. The photos showed a high
wing, convential gear, powered by a Walter LOM engine. I think it was
metal construction built from a kit. Seeking more info i did a
"google" , nothing found. Anyone know who makes
(made)it?.....website?....anything about it?
Old January 1st 04, 01:30 PM
Jan Carlsson

You find it this side + some others too.

http://www.airsport.com/kultra.htm

Best
Jan Carlsson
www.jcpropellerdesign.com

om...

Old January 1st 04, 06:25 PM
Morgans

"Jan Carlsson" wrote in message
You find it this side + some others too.

http://www.airsport.com/kultra.htm

Best
Jan Carlsson

My BS alarm just went off. Claims of 200 MPH top speed, 150 cruise, 35
stall? Hummmm.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 1st 04, 08:19 PM
richard riley

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 13:25:38 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

:
:"Jan Carlsson" wrote in message
: You find it this side + some others too.
:
: http://www.airsport.com/kultra.htm
:
: Best
: Jan Carlsson
:
: My BS alarm just went off. Claims of 200 MPH top speed, 150 cruise, 35
:stall? Hummmm.

Easy, it's groundspeed. Just figure in a 30 mph wind.
Old January 1st 04, 08:19 PM
RU ok

"Morgans" wrote:

My BS alarm just went off. Claims of 200 MPH top speed, 150 cruise, 35
stall? Hummmm.

Yep.

RV's are as close to good cruise and low stall as it gets.
Ratio of 1 to 4.

My RV-3....

Stall = 50
Cruise = 200

Dunno what the rest can really do, but Van is
on top without the lying and conniving bull****.

Barnyard BOb -

Old January 1st 04, 10:26 PM
Dave Hyde

Morgans wrote:

My BS alarm just went off. Claims of 200 MPH top speed, 150 cruise, 35
stall? Hummmm.

Nice catch. 35mph stall at gross weight (using the website numbers)
would require a lift coefficient of ~3.6. No way.
Using empty weight, about 2.0. More realistic, but not by
much.

If the 35mph has any basis in reality, I'll bet it's *indicated*
airspeed.

Dave 'AIMS range' Hyde

Old January 1st 04, 11:03 PM
rich a.

My BS alarm just went off. Claims of 200 MPH top speed, 150 cruise, 35
stall? Hummmm.

I agree about the BS.....but BSing about speed figures for homebuilts
is quite common... Top speed 200?.....maybe they mean thats it's never
exceed speed.....maybe attainable in a full power straight down
dive:-)

Still, it looks like a neat package for those who want all metal, high
wing, conventional gear and like the features of the Walter LOM
engine. I know the Murphy Rebel has those features, except for not
being set up for the Walter LOM engine.

But I'm still seeking contact info for the manufacturers....if they're
still in business?
Old January 2nd 04, 02:13 AM
RobertR237

In article , "Morgans"
writes:

My BS alarm just went off. Claims of 200 MPH top speed, 150 cruise, 35
stall? Hummmm.
--
Jim in NC

It must have one hell of a set of flaps or a very good imagination.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)