LS6 (a, b) NEO

Old September 16th 19, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LS6 (a, b) NEO

Hello,
here is a post of my friend Benjamin from the German gliding forum:

"Hello, everybody,

about three years ago a friend and I had the chance to develop new ("neo") 15m winglets for the LS8 in cooperation with DG Flugzeugbau. The flight experience with the winglets is quite positive.

Now there is the possibility to use these winglets, beside all LS8 and LS6(C) with wing separation, also for the LS6b. Economically this is only possible if we still find at least three interested parties. If you know any LS6b pilots, or if you fly an LS6b yourself and are interested in the winglets, please contact Sebastian Tschorn for an option, or pass on his contact information: www.dg-flugzeugbau.de - Contact - Contact - Sebastian Tschorn..
At first the winglets are only planned for the LS6b, LS6 as well as LS6a are also possible if there is enough interest - but due to different control and wing structure they need a new approval again.

Thank you very much for your help and many greetings,
Benjamin"

If anyone is interested or has some questions, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Lukas

Old September 17th 19, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Veli-Matti Karppinen

Hi,

just to add to this, I am one who has expressed the interest to have winglets for my LS6b in June and I think at that time we were only missing one plane from the minimum.

At the moment Sebastian in on vacation, but back next week and I hope to get an update from him regarding to status. Those Neo winglets look so nice :-)

BR Veli-Matti
Old September 17th 19, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Matti,
your update is not necessary because there is still one LS6b missing. This information is two days old..

BR, Lukas

Old September 18th 19, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hello, Gilles,
Living in Canada shouldn't be a problem.
Please write an email to Sebastian Tschorn ). He can give you more information. At the moment Sebastian is probably still on vacation, so it might take some time with the answer.

Many greetings,

Lukas
Old September 29th 19, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Offer form for the Neo winglets:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61...w?usp=drivesdk
Old September 29th 19, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Now the link should work....
Old September 20th 20, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moises Romero

On Sunday, September 29, 2019 at 1:49:44 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Now the link should work....

Did this go though?, are this winglets now being produced?
Old September 21st 20, 10:59 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises Romero View Post

https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/winglets-der-neo-reihe
Old September 24th 20, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Patrick (LS6-b EH)

We've been looking at this for the LS6-b I co-own. At last check, technical documentation to share with our installer was only for the 4... I'm not sure if they are fully ready on the 6, but they indicate that they are. I gather it's the same part, but may be behind on documentation...

The challenge for us (me) is that the Neo winglets reduce the max cockpit weight (pilot and 'luggage') by 10kg, which for us (me) is a deal-breaker.