Complex endorsement question

Old February 26th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Complex endorsement question

buttman wrote in
:

On Feb 23, 12:16*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote
innews:7b2c4e2c-6d9b-4bfd-bb

:

On Feb 23, 2:03 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
" wrote
innews:26f508f5-46db-4e10-8e69-

m:

On Feb 23, 12:18 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"BT" wrote
:

if he's flying solo in the Bonanza... then he should already
have a complex endorsement.
yes, part of the Commercial PTS does require a complex
aircraft.. but the endorsement does not come with the check
ride

IIRC the horsepower requirement for the commercial is 180 while
the watershed for high performance horsepower is 200. A pilot
needs to be signed off for each aspect of the high performance
reg. We used to have to sign guys off for Stearmans, for
example, but only for the HP restriction.

Bertie

There's no specific horsepower requirement for the Commercial --
only 10 hours dual in a complex (retractable, flaps, and
constant speed prop) airplane. The PTS requires a complex for a
portion of the test as well.

The "High Performance" endorsement is not required for the
Commercial.

Yeah, that's it. What I was thinking is you coul ddo your
commercial in something like a 180 Arrow and still not be
qualified to fly a 182

Bertie

Right -- or a 180 a side twin and still not require a "high
performance" endorsement.

OK, that's a twist I never heard before.

Bertie

heheheehejehehehejh

idjiot.

Good lord. You really think you're making headway here, don't you?

And I though Kennie as thick.

Bertie

Old February 26th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

buttman wrote in
:

On Feb 23, 10:18*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"BT" wrote
:

if he's flying solo in the Bonanza... then he should already have a
complex endorsement.
yes, part of the Commercial PTS does require a complex aircraft..
but the endorsement does not come with the check ride

IIRC the horsepower requirement for the commercial is 180 while the
watershed for high performance horsepower is 200. A pilot needs to be
signed off for each aspect of the high performance reg. We used to
have to

sign guys off for Stearmans, for example, but only for the HP
restriction.

Bertie

Nope.

Yep.

Bertie
Old February 26th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Roger wrote in
:

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:18:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"BT" wrote in
:

if he's flying solo in the Bonanza... then he should already have a
complex endorsement.
yes, part of the Commercial PTS does require a complex aircraft..
but the endorsement does not come with the check ride

IIRC the horsepower requirement for the commercial is 180 while the
watershed for high performance horsepower is 200. A pilot needs to be

That used to be "Greater than 200" which eliminated the Arrow from
high performance. Did they change that?

I have no idea. I haven't done any kind of instruction where that came into
play for years. The only thing I've taught in lately fits fairly nicely
into the complex and in excess of 200 HP niche. Having said that, I will be
doing it again soon so I better get anew copy of 61 and 91!

Bertie

Old February 26th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 23, 8:07*am, "BT" wrote:
if he's flying solo in the Bonanza... then he should already have a complex
endorsement.
yes, part of the Commercial PTS does require a complex aircraft.. but the
endorsement does not come with the check ride

Oh come on don't be foolish. When I sign someone off for the
commerical checkride I sign the complex endorsement; yes it "comes
with it"; I don't do any additional dual. I'm not sure if you were
trying to make a point or just be silly.

-Robert, CFII

tailwheel endorsement Jose Piloting 65 April 27th 06 01:59 AM
TW Endorsement Completed [email protected] Piloting 7 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Marfa Endorsement Robert de León Soaring 0 April 12th 04 06:01 PM
Complex Aircraft Question Chris General Aviation 5 October 18th 03 04:40 AM
Complex aircraft question Robert M. Gary Piloting 5 October 17th 03 12:25 PM