NBC News Attempt To Discredit GA

Old August 13th 04, 09:56 PM
Matt Whiting

Kees Mies wrote:

My instinct would be to kill them without hesitation.

And exactly how would you do that in flight?
If memory serves well a cockpit of a GA aircraft or helicopter is not
the best of places to practice unarmed combat techniques.
Personally I have difficulties enough to (un)fold a sectional, taking
somebody out will be somewhat more challenging I suppose.

Did he say he was unarmed?

Matt

Old August 13th 04, 09:57 PM
Matt Whiting

C J Campbell wrote:

Who is talking about an unarmed fight? "Just like an NBC reporter, bringing
a Leatherman tool to a gunfight." Seriously, I would destroy the airplane
before letting a terrorist have it.

And I would destroy a terrorist before letting him have my airplane.

Matt

Old August 13th 04, 09:59 PM
Matt Whiting

C Kingsbury wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...

This seems incredibly dangerous. A lot of pilots have made the decision to
never allow themselves to be hijacked, no matter what. So these 'reporters'
start pulling out knives or other weapons:

My instinct would be to kill them without hesitation. Nor would I believe
them if they started claiming that they were only reporters. Any hijacker
could claim that.

Bloody awesome story. Great catch by the FBO team, and a reminder to
the rest of us that it's not just terrorists we need to be vigilant
against. The more we prove we can police ourselves well, the less the
public will demand government agencies to do it for us.

I strongly doubt these guys had any intention of pulling their toys
out in flight, but rather simply wanted to prove they had been able to
get them on. Even a reporter couldn't be that stupid.

-cwk.

Don't underestimate reporters. They were stupid enough to put
explosives in a Chevy pickup and blow it up claiming it was a defective
fuel tank design.

People with brains don't go into the news reporting business.

Matt

Old August 13th 04, 10:02 PM
Dan Luke

"TaxSrv" wrote:
And a media they say is liberal and wants
Bush defeated. NBC's reasoning in this is baffling, or maybe a
conspiracy between the Bush campaign and NBC....?

To buy into the right wing's propaganda media boogieman is to miss the true
nature of American media, which is cynically competitive. News media are
all about peddling ads, and whatever pandering or sensationalism will do
that is what you will see on NBC, CNN, Fox, etc. NBC doesn't give a rat's
patoot who's elected, as long as people watch.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old August 14th 04, 02:05 AM
jls

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
You put explosives in you vehicle every time you stop at the fuel pumps

and
fuel up!!!

An explosive is already a stoichiometric mixture of the elements or
compounds needed for the boom. With gasoline you don't have it until the
oxygen is mixed and that's not until it has passed through the carburetor,
or other mixture device, and mixed with oxygen in the air.

In a typical fertilizer bomb the oxygen is there and readily available in
the ammonium nitrate. Add fuel oil, which has more btu's than gasoline, at
stoichiometry and ignite and boom. DTTAH.

Old August 14th 04, 03:27 AM
TTA Cherokee Driver

C J Campbell wrote:

It makes a lot of sense when you consider that both the liberal media and
the Democrats have been saying that Bush is ignoring important terrorism
issues. If Kerry is elected, expect a lot more restrictions on GA.

Considering the fact that, unlike Bush, Kerry is not requesting pop-up
TFRs everywhere he campaigns, this is a pretty wrongheaded statement.

Old August 14th 04, 03:54 AM
Matt Whiting

NW_PILOT wrote:

You put explosives in you vehicle every time you stop at the fuel pumps and
fuel up!!!

I don't. I put in gasoline which isn't an explosive. Do your homework
and then report back.

Matt

Old August 14th 04, 03:55 AM
Matt Whiting

TTA Cherokee Driver wrote:

C J Campbell wrote:

It makes a lot of sense when you consider that both the liberal media and
the Democrats have been saying that Bush is ignoring important terrorism
issues. If Kerry is elected, expect a lot more restrictions on GA.

Considering the fact that, unlike Bush, Kerry is not requesting pop-up
TFRs everywhere he campaigns, this is a pretty wrongheaded statement.

No terrorist would want to kill Kerry so he has no reason for TFRs.
He'll be the best friend they could have if he's elected.

Matt