Pilot's Political Orientation

Old June 22nd 04, 02:16 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Now look up the terms in Blacks Law Dictionary.

The request was for an authoritative source so an authoritative source was
provided. If you're interested in what Blacks Law Dictionary says about it
then look it up yourself.

Old June 22nd 04, 02:37 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

How can small s states have jurisdiction over something they don't even
define?

Doesn't this happen all the time? Highway speed limits? School
imperatives? Tons of stuff. I think it's just a way of cost-shifting, a
bunch of federal laws (good or bad) that must be paid for by the states.

Old June 22nd 04, 03:47 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
.net...

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message
"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
news
That being said, the death penalty doesn't seem to be a very effective
deterrent anyhow.

It certainly cuts down on the number of re-offenders...

Like suicide bombers in Israel, there seems to be no shortage of new
offenders.

Not entirely true. When they threatened to wrap them in pork skins, or
threatened their families, the rate dropped perceptibly. (It's a tough world
out there in the "real" world).

Old June 22nd 04, 03:49 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Yes...if that were the case, which it isn't.

Well, which is it then? Is "murder" defined at the state level or not?

Yes.

They don't...which is why the United STATES is compriased of the various
"states" (small 's').

How can small s states have jurisdiction over something they don't even
define?

They do define it.

You don't know what the term "state" means, what the term "murder"

means,
or
what the legal definition of "human being" means either.

Can you provide the definitions?

Black's Law Dictionary, which I already referred you to. (I'm not about to
transcribe 20 pages if you insist on using terms from your minister (?),
rather than from your lawyer).

Old June 22nd 04, 03:51 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
.net...

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

How can small s states have jurisdiction over something they don't even
define?

Doesn't this happen all the time? Highway speed limits? School
imperatives? Tons of stuff. I think it's just a way of cost-shifting, a
bunch of federal laws (good or bad) that must be paid for by the states.

It used to be a cliché, "Don't make a Federal case out of it...", but now
that's the rule rather than the exception (another cliché).

Old June 22nd 04, 03:54 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Now look up the terms in Blacks Law Dictionary.

The request was for an authoritative source so an authoritative source was
provided.

Not for legal definitons, it's not.

If you're interested in what Blacks Law Dictionary says about it
then look it up yourself.

I already did. Now you need to comprehend what is an appropriate
"authoritative source" when it comes to legal terms. You also need to
understand that biology texts are not an "authoritative source" when using
philosophic terms like "autonomous" and "human being", nor when using them
in a legal context.

Old June 22nd 04, 03:58 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

Only to your posts.

I've observed responses of yours to other's posts that were just as stupid
as your responses to mine.

Old June 22nd 04, 04:02 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Yes.

I thought so.

Black's Law Dictionary, which I already referred you to. (I'm not about to
transcribe 20 pages if you insist on using terms from your minister (?),
rather than from your lawyer).

A simple "No." would have sufficed.

I don't have a minister.

Old June 22nd 04, 04:16 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

Not for legal definitons, it's not.

He didn't ask for a legal definition.

I already did. Now you need to comprehend what is an appropriate
"authoritative source" when it comes to legal terms.

Fetus is a medical term. You need to comprehend what is an appropriate
"authoritative source" when it comes to medical terms.

You also need to
understand that biology texts are not an "authoritative source" when using
philosophic terms like "autonomous" and "human being", nor when using them
in a legal context.

You need to understand law texts are not an "authoritative source" when
using medical terms.

Old June 22nd 04, 05:13 PM
G.R. Patterson III

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

True life without parole still allows for escape and another offense.

There also seems to be a spate of new trials 20-30 years down the road in some areas
of the country.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.