Cherokee 6 manual/info?

Old June 26th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cherokee 6 manual/info?

It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up the
airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any warnings or
items I should watch out for?

Thanks,

Al G

Old June 26th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Al wrote:
It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up the
airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any warnings or
items I should watch out for?

Have your right leg ready on the takeoff roll. Use lots of rudder trim for
takeoff. Otherwise typical Cherokee behavior.

The PA32R-300T (T-tail Lance) that I flew was pretty squirrely on the ground, a
real handful for directional control, but I think that was just something screwy
about the gear on that particular aircraft. Also it was a real ground-lover,
long takeoff runs, which exacerbated the directional control issue.
Old June 26th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
"Al" wrote:

It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up the
airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any warnings or
items I should watch out for?

What year?
I have manuals for a 1972 and a 1978. There are differences depending on
aircraft serial number.
Does the one you will be flying have club seating or all forward facing?
- Fuel management is the important thing. The outboards have 17 gal, the
inboards/mains have 25. The tab on the inboards/mains may be at 15
gallons or 18 gallons, depending on the serial number. Know which one
you have. You will need this information depending on the load you will
be carrying. I think the -300 series with the straight wing has 84 gal
(17-25-25-17) usable, the -301 series with the taper wing has 96 gal
(48-48) usable.
- Find out how accurate the fuel flow gauge is. You fly off the mains
first, then the outboards.
- The manual warns that it may take up to 12 seconds to get fuel flowing
from a full tank to the engine if one tank is run dry. [It may give you
a warning, listen for the engine surging! Ask me how I know! ;-) ]
- Cruise at 16-18 gph, depending on what the owner wants.
- Full throttle altitude will vary with OAT, between 6000-8000 feet MSL.
- Know your speeds for the current weight you are flying. (Make a table
using a spreadsheet or word processor.)
- Use 10-deg flaps for all takeoffs to reduce takeoff run.
- Fly the airplane using trim.
- I prefer to fly high MP/low RPM at cruise, make sure you have a power
chart handy. Remember, at or below you can fly LOP without harming the
engine.
Old June 26th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

john smith writes:

[...] - I prefer to fly high MP/low RPM at cruise, make sure you
have a power chart handy.

Likewise, but:

Remember, at or below you can fly LOP without harming the engine.

"at or below" what?

- FChE
Old June 26th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"zatatime" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:11:50 -0700, "Al"
wrote:

It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up the
airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any warnings or
items I should watch out for?

Thanks,

Al G

Best glide is 110 MPH if I remember correctly. If you need it, pick
something pretty much right below you.

Other than that, just a fat Cherokee.

Be safe and Have fun!

Yea, and the nose blocks a lot of the view up front when landing.... ;-0

Old June 26th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"Al" wrote:

[...]

Thanks John.

No clue yet what year or config, I do know that the "Load" is 1 pax in
addition to me.

Al G.

Old June 26th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up
the airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any
warnings or items I should watch out for?

Al, if you need pages from a manual, let me know, I can scan them and
email them to you.
Where will you be picking it up and flying it to?
Old June 26th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"john smith" wrote in message

It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up
the airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any
warnings or items I should watch out for?

Al, if you need pages from a manual, let me know, I can scan them and
email them to you.
Where will you be picking it up and flying it to?

Thanks John, I'd appreciate that, amybe just one of the intro specification
pages, best rate, gross weight, etc. Also, I just got a fax, The aircraft
is a:

1974 PIPER CHEROKEE 6/300, S/N: 32-7440103, N77RH, 1880 TT, 10 SPOH, Garmin
GNS-430, All Logs, No Damage.

The probable new owner and I will be moving it from Bend, Ore, SO7, to
Roseburg, KRBG, thursday afternoon.

I've got 1k hrs in a TU206, so I'm probably used to the right rudder
requirement.

Al G.