Cherokee 6 manual/info?

Old June 27th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cherokee 6 manual/info?

In article 11gog.18090$Gh.8849@trnddc02,
Robet Coffey wrote:

The simultaneous door slam / stall recovery maneuver
requires extra training and possibly an endorsement in your logbook.

That should have been a footnote with asterisk.
Old June 29th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The useful load on the -260 is greater than the -300.

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.net...

We used to haul passengers in both the 260 and 300 for a small real
estate development outfit. The 300 is the right size plane with the
right size engine. Plenty of power to haul what you can get in it --
something the 260 often came up short on.

Old June 30th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Steve,
For that to be true then the increase from engine weight and
associated accessories is greater than the pounds/horsepower of the 260.
Also, the gross weight increase of the aircraft has to be less than the
increase weight from the engine and accessories. I'm struggling to see
how that's possible -- but then I can't find my manuals either. If
someone has the figures for the 260 and the 300 circa 1972, I'd
appreciate seeing the data posted here for the gross weight and typical
useful loads.

I realize that was 35 years ago, but I was pretty sure the 300
could carry more then the 260.

Old June 30th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
"Jim Carter" wrote:

If someone has the figures for the 260 and the 300 circa 1972, I'd
appreciate seeing the data posted here for the gross weight and typical
useful loads.

The 1972 PA32-300 that I flew had the following numbers:
Empty weight: 1810.0 lbs
Basic weight: 1926.4 lbs
Gross weight: 3400.0 lbs
Useful load: 1473.6 lbs
Old June 30th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jim Carter" wrote:

If someone has the figures for the 260 and the 300 circa 1972, I'd
appreciate seeing the data posted here for the gross weight and typical
useful loads.

The 1972 PA32-300 that I flew had the following numbers:
Empty weight: 1810.0 lbs
Basic weight: 1926.4 lbs
Gross weight: 3400.0 lbs
Useful load: 1473.6 lbs

Yea, I seem to remember we could put 1000 lbs of freight for the short hops we flew, a long time ago ;-)

Old June 30th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jim Carter wrote:
Steve,
For that to be true then the increase from engine weight and
associated accessories is greater than the pounds/horsepower of the 260.
Also, the gross weight increase of the aircraft has to be less than the
increase weight from the engine and accessories. I'm struggling to see
how that's possible -- but then I can't find my manuals either. If
someone has the figures for the 260 and the 300 circa 1972, I'd
appreciate seeing the data posted here for the gross weight and typical
useful loads.

I realize that was 35 years ago, but I was pretty sure the 300
could carry more then the 260.

The 260 and 300 both have the same max gross (3400 lbs). An identically
equipped 300 is some 80 lbs heavier, which gives the 260 the greater
useful load. My '65 -260 has a useful load of 1586 lbs. That said, the
-260 is not a short field machine when it is loaded up to gross. Not by
any stretch of the imagination.

Old June 30th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve S

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"Jim Carter" wrote:

If someone has the figures for the 260 and the 300 circa 1972, I'd
appreciate seeing the data posted here for the gross weight and typical
useful loads.

The 1972 PA32-300 that I flew had the following numbers:
Empty weight: 1810.0 lbs
Basic weight: 1926.4 lbs
Gross weight: 3400.0 lbs
Useful load: 1473.6 lbs

My 1969 -260 had gross weight of 3400 and empty weight of 1919. Useful load
is 1481. I didn't say it was a lot more than the -300 but it's more :-)

Old February 11th 08, 11:28 PM
JOM JOM is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montana

You can get a POH and checklist for a PA32-260 here- http://www.bomar.biz/
Hope this helps.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
It looks like I will have a mission to pick up a PA32-300 on Thurs. Can
anyone point me to an online copy of the flight maual, or perhaps some of
the pertinent information? I've got a couple of hours in a PA32-260 some
years ago, and will have a copy of the manual available when I pick up the
airplane, however I would like to prepare myself somewhat. Any warnings or
items I should watch out for?

Thanks,

Al G