[OT] Infomercial Electric R/C plane

Old December 15th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George E Eberhardt

Default [OT] Infomercial Electric R/C plane

I am trying to get my grandosn interested in flying, and I recently saw an
infomercial for an electric R/C plane/boat for about $120. I am looking
for any information which would let me place an order for it.

TIA

--
George E Eberhardt
732 224 8988

Old December 15th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sarah

Default Infomercial Electric R/C plane

You mean this?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...831&adid=17662

Google "r/c flying boat" for more info

Sarah

George E Eberhardt wote:

Old December 15th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

Trying to learn to FLY from that boat/plane will be about as
educational as throwing donuts at a wall.

Sure they will bounce around and get some air but are neither good to
fly or float afterwards.

Get something that that kid actually stands a chance of having success
with.

Check http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKLV7&P=0
or http://www.hobby-lobby.com/wingdragon.htm

Im all for educational toys that actually work.

PS: Below 7 years old might as well forget it.....no coordinated motor
skills for flying/steering in 3D yet.......better stick to video games.

Just a helpfull suggestion from firsthand experience.

Ray

Old December 16th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Tower Hobbies also sells a selection of larger foam gliders. These are
pretty resistant to damage if flown in larger grassy areas and it's big and
slow enough that younger kids like them. See:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLFF9&P=ML

bumper

ups.com...

Old December 16th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

This is an interesting thread. It's amazing what you can get for about $100
now!

I just ordered this one for my son - OK, it's for me too.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGFK0&P=ML

They also have a nice ASK-21 plastic scale model he
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNKZ7&P=7

And an LS-8 scale plastic model coming soon he
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNKZ9&P=7

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

ups.com...

Old December 16th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DocJim

Try a zagi!
http://www.zagi.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_ id=2

The originals are gliders... they are one piece foam wing... virtually
indestructible (designed for aerial combat), and very easy to fly.
They now make battery powered electric models too.

Best of all... it is a glider :-)

Old December 16th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Ward[_1_]

The Airhog AeroAce electric R/C is about 30 dollars, flies very slowly, and
very well.
Being slow, it is easy for kids to learn to fly. Unfortunately, it doesn't
like much wind.
It can be flown very easily in a gymnasium, though.

There are sites on the Internet with modifications and so forth. It's become
its own sub-genre in the R/C world.

Tim Ward

Old December 16th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I don't remember the brand, but I purchased a very small, very low cost
radio control airplane for my son and it was a failure. The wingspan was so
short that it needed to fly pretty fast and was underpowered to the point
that we never had any good flights. It used 2 props with differential prop
speeds to turn. forward stick added power to both props for climbing. Back
stick put both props to a low speed. It cost about $30.

I'm looking forward receiving the $104 electric glider with 3 channel
radio - ready to fly. What a great deal!

Paul Remde

Old December 16th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George E Eberhardt

"George E Eberhardt" wrote in message
I am trying to get my grandosn interested in flying, and I recently saw an
infomercial for an electric R/C plane/boat for about $120. I am looking
for any information which would let me place an order for it.

Thanks everybody for all the information. I got what I was looking for.

With luck he will be reading this newsgroup in a few years.

--
George E Eberhardt
732 224 8988

Old December 17th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

DocJim wrote:
Try a zagi!

I learned to fly RC by building a Zagi. Thery're virtually
indestructable and great fun to fly. They're slope soarers though, and
need a bit of wind. If you're flying on a brush-covered hillside as I
was, you should install a beeper searching the underbrush for your
grounded glider.

I've still got mine. It sits atop a bookcase. Haven't flown it for
years, though. My Ventus is more fun.

Matt Herron