XCSoar - Portrait / Landscape

Old July 25th 11, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter F[_2_]

Default XCSoar - Portrait / Landscape

Hi Folks,

Anyone know whether it is possible to change from Landscape to Portrait (or
VV) when running XCSoar?

I am thinking of installing on a PNA, but the PNA layout is Landscape & I
would prefer it in Portrait mode.

If it is possible then where in the config is the setting?

Regards

PF

Old July 25th 11, 11:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 25.07.2011 10:46, Peter F wrote:
Hi Folks,

Anyone know whether it is possible to change from Landscape to Portrait (or
VV) when running XCSoar?

I am thinking of installing on a PNA, but the PNA layout is Landscape& I
would prefer it in Portrait mode.

If it is possible then where in the config is the setting?

Regards

PF

This is possible with XCSoar 6.1, earlier versions probably not.

HowTo: Config System Setup 18 Interface Appearance

Display Orientation: Default | Portrait | Landscape

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE
Old July 27th 11, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin N

I have a sinilar problem.

The relevant "Display Orientation" option is available when XCSoar
runs on my Ipaq 3870 (Where I don't need it!),
but not on my PNA (WayTeq x950), where I *do* need it.

Anyone know why?
Is there a solution?

Regards

Kevin

Old July 27th 11, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 27.07.2011 09:07, Kevin N wrote:
I have a sinilar problem.

The relevant "Display Orientation" option is available when XCSoar
runs on my Ipaq 3870 (Where I don't need it!),
but not on my PNA (WayTeq x950), where I *do* need it.

Anyone know why?
Is there a solution?

Regards

Kevin

just a guess: different (lower) version? If not, the experts will have
to chime in.
--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE

Old July 27th 11, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Kevin N wrote:
The relevant "Display Orientation" option is available when XCSoar
runs on my Ipaq 3870 (Where I don't need it!),
but not on my PNA (WayTeq x950), where I *do* need it.

The option is only available when the graphics driver supports display
rotation. Some do, some do not. There are driver updates for some
graphics chips to add it. There is nothing XCSoar can do about it.