Opinion on this please

Old December 24th 03, 06:57 AM
Richard Riley

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:56:14 GMT, "Frederick Wilson"
wrote:

:Well after combat, jumping from planes in the black of the night, and
:sliding down ropes from helicopters I think it goes beyond balls. Now let's
:see here, what do they call that? Oh yea, stupidity. :-D

It's different levels of stupidity. You know, before you jump out of
the airplane or slide down the rope, that hundreds or thousands of
people have done the same thing before you, and they've lived. This
is more like being the first or second person to EVER jump out of an
airplane at night, or slide down a rope from a helicopter.

:
:Hmmmm, I think it looks pretty darn cool if you ask me. According to the
:website, you have to wait three months after first payment to receive your
:first parts.

IOW, he doesn't have enough capitol to have anything in inventory. In
that case, he probably doesn't have much experience manufacturing them
either.

And, like other people have pointed out, no flex in the gear, small
wheels, less than zero crash tollerance. If you're looking for an
open frame, lightweight gyro, look at the Ken Brock, they've been
building them for 40 years and have the bugs as worked out as far as
they can be. http://www.kenbrockmfg.com/gyros.htm
Old December 24th 03, 06:01 PM
Stu Fields

B.J's ship is a homebuilt. It is not an ultralight tho. I also tend to the
homebuilt. While I can afford to buy a used certfied ship, I can't afford
to keep one. A friend recently purchased a used Bell 47 and found one fuel
tank cap missing. Replacement cost: $150 for just the cap.
Stu Fields Safari kit helicopter owner.

"Frederick Wilson" wrote in message
I was looking more along the lines of home built.

"Stu" wrote in message
Welllll. It has a two stroke engine. It doesn't appear to be designed

for
run on landings unless you are on a very hard surface. Dynamic rollover
potential is higher than normal with the landing gear
configuration...Curious to know what kind of inertia in the blades??

Can
he
do an auto to skids level at 3' then keep the collective down for a

count
of
3?
B.J's turbine powered Helicycle ship looks like a much better design

though
it does require a license and medical...
Stu Fields Builder&Pilot of Safari Kit helicopter.
"Bushmaster Guy" wrote in message
Mr. Wilson;

I can certainly understand all the responses indicating people's

trepidation
with the Mosquito.

However, the designer lives in my area and I've had the chance to meet

him
and see the Mosquito fly. I don't know squat about helicopter design,

but
do know quality parts when I see them. I can tell you, for what it's

worth,
that the parts, at least, on the Mosquito are top quality.

It's a pretty incredible machine to see fly. I have to admit that it
doesn't appeal to me, but it's till very impressive. It climbs really

well
and is very manouverable. I don't know much more about it than that,

but
can assure you, the Mosquito gets your attention.

Blue Skies,

Stu
"Frederick Wilson" wrote in message
I know I will regret this but I would like to know your thoughts.

http://www.innovatortech.ca/index.htm

Keep in mind I am rotorcraft rated.

Fred