A380 Crosswind Certification Video

Old December 22nd 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default A380 Crosswind Certification Video

This is cool! You wouldn't think anything that big could survive the
titanic forces on that landing gear...

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...nd_Iceland.wmv
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 23rd 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
This is cool! You wouldn't think anything that big could survive the
titanic forces on that landing gear...

It looked like the pilot kicked out the crab as he touched down so the
forces may not have been all that extreme. That think must have one
massive set of landing gear anyway given its weight.

Matt
Old December 23rd 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Old Bloke

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
This is cool! You wouldn't think anything that big could survive the
titanic forces on that landing gear...

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...nd_Iceland.wmv
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

..
Great video. Thanks.

Doug

Old December 23rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Looks like the same place they did the 777 tests.
Anyone know where this was shot?
Old December 23rd 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Looks like BIKF

KG

Old December 23rd 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

Jay Honeck wrote:
This is cool! You wouldn't think anything that big could survive the
titanic forces on that landing gear...

For more, go to youtube.com, and search with "crosswind" or "crosswind
landing" for a great selection of short films.

I remember many times landing on commercial flights into Monterey CA
back in the 70's... the plane was quite often hugely sideways coming in
over the ocean, and those in the right seats could look almost straight
down the runway until the pilot kicked out the crab. It was most fun
when there were newbies on the flight... watching their faces turn
white like mine did the first time :-) What worried people was that I
swear they would turn up the cabin music during landing, as if they
were trying to hide the engine noises. Hee hee.

Kev

Old December 23rd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

This is cool! You wouldn't think anything that big could survive the
titanic forces on that landing gear...

For more, go to youtube.com, and search with "crosswind" or "crosswind
landing" for a great selection of short films.

No need for YouTube and their incessant commercials and spambots. Just
go to our website and enjoy over 300 commercial-free aviation videos,
all available for FREE download:

http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 23rd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I remember hearing that the 777 tests were done at some airport in
Brazil, where the winds are known for giving x-winds like this
consistently, but I honestly don't know about the credibility of that
source or whether there were other tests done elsewhere.
karl gruber wrote:
Looks like BIKF

KG

Old December 23rd 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jay Honeck writes:

No need for YouTube and their incessant commercials and spambots. Just
go to our website and enjoy over 300 commercial-free aviation videos,
all available for FREE download:

http://alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm

This is indeed by far the best collection I've seen on the Net, and
it's all the more amazing that it's free (since hardly anything
worthwhile is free any more these days on the Net).

Old December 23rd 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

But I doubt they speak Icelandic in Brazil!!

wrote in message
ups.com...
I remember hearing that the 777 tests were done at some airport in
Brazil, where the winds are known for giving x-winds like this
consistently, but I honestly don't know about the credibility of that
source or whether there were other tests done elsewhere.
karl gruber wrote:
Looks like BIKF

KG