$1500 Cash Reward

Old May 26th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default $1500 Cash Reward

kontiki writes:

That's because you have been indoctrinated to fear firearms and
that no "good' person should ever need one and they are 'dangerous'.

Not so. The reality is that there is generally no indoctrination at all
concerning firearms in countries where they are not common. Indeed, the
greatest exposure to firearms for people in many countries is American motion
pictures, which regularly feature gunplay (and hardly indoctrinate against
it).

Most people in most countries know very little about firearms, apart from the
fact that they are normally used for hunting or killing people. Those who
aren't interested in hunting or killing people aren't interested in firearms.
And while the notion of someone in the countryside having a firearm for
hunting isn't necessarily that repulsive, the notion of someone in the city
carrying one (and the implication that it is intended to kill people, not
food) is naturally repulsive to most people, in the same way that murder is
repulsive.

A "locked away" gun is about as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Not if you have time to anticipate its use, which would be the case in the
vast majority of scenarios.

Let me tell you it is the person holding the firearm that is
dangerous, and if it were not a pistol it could be a knife,
a club or a bomb or even bare hands.

Only one of these works at a distance without harm to the bearer.

As long as the world is full of 'bad' people it is up to 'good'
people to be ready to protect themselves and others.

The United States isn't full of bad people, but it is certainly full of guns.
Old May 26th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Matt Whiting writes:

We simply value freedom and an armed populace is the only way to avoid
tyranny in the long run.

This is not true. Freedom of speech is the best way to avoid tyranny, which
is why any curtailment thereof must be resisted. And in a democracy one
resists by voting, not by firing a gun.
Old May 26th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Matt Whiting writes:

Except when you are carrying them, which should be all of the time in
many parts of the world.

Does that include Iowa or Idaho?
Old May 26th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

kontiki writes:

I'd rather live in place full of only 'good' people, all of
whom own firearms than a place with one 'bad' person with
a gun and all the other 'good' people have none.

Fortunately, that type of choice rarely has to be made.
Old May 26th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Morgans" wrote in message

I am sorry that this person got ripped off, and I would love to see the
scum that took everything apprehended and have their fingernails pulled
out one at a time. I just can not understand the choice of locations for
all of the guns.
--

I'd doubt if it was all of their guns, or even hesitate to call it a
collection. Three small caliber handguns, a shotgun and pellet gun.

But I do have a problem with leaving any of them laying around most of the
hangers I've seen. I certainly wouldn't do it. Stolen firearms have far too
much crime potential. Loosing tools, electronic or other hobby gear is one
thing, but we all have a responsibility to keep firearms in the hands of
responsible people.

Old May 26th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Mxsmanic wrote:
kontiki writes:

I'd rather live in place full of only 'good' people, all of
whom own firearms than a place with one 'bad' person with
a gun and all the other 'good' people have none.

Fortunately, that type of choice rarely has to be made.

However it is the goal of so many politicians in this country
to attempt to completely disarm the populace (for a number
of varied and even self serving reasons). However they
fail to grasp the fact that, by definition, criminals do
not obey laws so only law abiding people would be disarmed.

There are also several instances where, in period of crisis
and widespead lawlessness (hurricanes, riots) the businesses
and homes protected by individuals with firearms were the
only ones not looted.

Like it or not, you must accept the fact that your property
is is only yours if you are capable of keeping someone else
from taking it. In times of calm and prosperity we relegate
the task of protecting ourselves and our property to a police
force. When the SHTF though it will only be the individuals
themselves to assume the responsibility as there will not be
enough police to go around. One is either willing and prepared
to accept that ultimate responsibility or one is not.

Old May 26th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

The founders were thinking of specific and temporary circumstances, not
necessarily of a permanent state.

Yeah, that's why they started a new country, they just needed a place to
camp for the weekend.

And the odd thing about American gun owners is that they worry about being
"conquered" by their own government, rather than any outside force. I
guess
being able to vote is less important than being able to shoot. The fact
that
organized militaries can easily overwhelp a few rifles or pistols doesn't
seem
to occur to anyone.

What would a clueless twit like you know about what American gun owners
think.

Old May 26th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

A "locked away" gun is about as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Not if you have time to anticipate its use, which would be the case in the
vast majority of scenarios.

What a clueless twit. You can't even get grip on self respect, much less
self defense.

Let me tell you it is the person holding the firearm that is
dangerous, and if it were not a pistol it could be a knife,
a club or a bomb or even bare hands.

Only one of these works at a distance without harm to the bearer.

Pointless dribble, anything to disagree.

As long as the world is full of 'bad' people it is up to 'good'
people to be ready to protect themselves and others.

The United States isn't full of bad people, but it is certainly full of
guns.

Every country has plenty of bad people. You just don't see them running
around your mental ward.

Old May 26th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
chris writes:

What is it with Americans and bloody guns???

Snip - a lot of clueless drivel.

I personally don't see any reason to have a firearm anywhere (much less in
an
airplane or hangar) except under the most restricted circumstances, but I
know
that there's no arguing with the many Americans who love their guns.

Personally you don't see a lot of things. Your foresight ends somewhere
between your number and function keys.

Old May 26th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
kontiki writes:

I'd rather live in place full of only 'good' people, all of
whom own firearms than a place with one 'bad' person with
a gun and all the other 'good' people have none.

Fortunately, that type of choice rarely has to be made.

Yeah, just daily you clueless twit.

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM