Going to Midway

Old October 28th 04, 11:32 PM
Paul Folbrecht

Default Going to Midway

I need to be in Chicago this Saturday, from Milwaukee, and I'm thinking
of flying into MDW VFR. Does the train still run on weekends? (It
doesn't run from Palwaukee on weekends, or I'd go there.) How bad are
arrival/departure delays bound to be? Should I just drive it (~2
hours). I've never been through the ORD bravo but I've been in the twin
cities bravo several times and never considered it big deal.

Old October 29th 04, 12:07 AM
Rich Ahrens

Paul Folbrecht wrote:

I need to be in Chicago this Saturday, from Milwaukee, and I'm thinking
of flying into MDW VFR. Does the train still run on weekends? (It
doesn't run from Palwaukee on weekends, or I'd go there.) How bad are
arrival/departure delays bound to be? Should I just drive it (~2
hours). I've never been through the ORD bravo but I've been in the twin
cities bravo several times and never considered it big deal.

I encountered no delay arriving and departing VFR last year. It was
Labor Day weekend, so traffic was light on Saturday, but I left on a
normal weekday, Tuesday. Million Air gave me a lift to and from the
train station, and the train was running all weekend. The schedule is he

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/r...nge/Midway.pdf
Old October 29th 04, 01:44 AM
Nathan Young

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:32:36 GMT, Paul Folbrecht
wrote:

I need to be in Chicago this Saturday, from Milwaukee, and I'm thinking
of flying into MDW VFR. Does the train still run on weekends? (It
doesn't run from Palwaukee on weekends, or I'd go there.) How bad are
arrival/departure delays bound to be? Should I just drive it (~2
hours). I've never been through the ORD bravo but I've been in the twin
cities bravo several times and never considered it big deal.

Yep, the Orange line is active on weekends. Approx every 10 minutes,
but that tapers off in late evening.
http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/rail.html

If you are flying to have fun, definitely fly. If you absolutely
postiively need to get downtown, and don't want to risk the occasional
waits that GA can bring, I would drive. Inbound traffic on the
Edens/Kennedy on Sat afternoon is not that bad (until the evening).

Old October 29th 04, 03:46 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Paul Folbrecht wrote in
:

I need to be in Chicago this Saturday, from Milwaukee, and I'm thinking
of flying into MDW VFR. Does the train still run on weekends? (It
doesn't run from Palwaukee on weekends, or I'd go there.) How bad are
arrival/departure delays bound to be? Should I just drive it (~2
hours). I've never been through the ORD bravo but I've been in the twin
cities bravo several times and never considered it big deal.

I flew there last month. I encountered no delays. I was IFR, but I don't
see why VFR would be any different. From Milwaukee, you can stay out of
class B by flying below 3000' along the coast. The train runs on weekends.
I would recommend parking at Atlantic Aviation. They will give you a ride
to the Orange line and pick you up when you are done. There is a $15
landing fee, and tiedown is waived for one night if you buy fuel. The fuel
is a bit expensive though, but that should not come as a surprise.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 4th 04, 02:30 AM
Tlewis95

I did a landing and taxi back in a 152 VFR, was in position and holding for
20=min on 31L!

They want you to get in quickly too!
Old November 4th 04, 09:19 PM
John Galban

Paul Folbrecht wrote in message ...
I need to be in Chicago this Saturday, from Milwaukee

snip

Damn! I thought this was going to be a cool trans-Pacific thread.
Wrong Midway :-)

Can't help on the MDW info. I used to use Meigs exclusively and now
I just plain refuse to have anything to do with Chicago.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old November 4th 04, 10:09 PM
Tlewis95

Write letters to Daley! Its a shame what he did. Ive written 2 letters and
gotten signed letters written BY HIM back!
Old November 4th 04, 10:19 PM
Jose

Write letters to Daley! Its a shame what he did. Ive written 2 letters and
gotten signed letters written BY HIM back!

.... and what did he say? I don't need autographs.

Jose
--
for Email, make the obvious change in the address