Changed identifier of airport 5B3 - LZD

Old December 7th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tman[_2_]

Default Changed identifier of airport 5B3 - LZD

On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!
Old December 7th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tman[_2_]

Tman wrote:
On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!

Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with
the new identifier.

Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...

Old December 7th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Tman wrote:
On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!

I noticed that today.

I'm based at IJD. I whipped out my current sectional to head down to
New Haven and on to Barnes, only to say...

"Where did Danielson go?" G
Old December 7th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

Tman wrote:

On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!

As someone else mentioned, this seems to happen once an airport gets
an AWOS.

Ron Lee
Old December 8th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Tman" wrote in message
Tman wrote:
On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!

Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with the
new identifier.

Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...

It is reflected in the A/FD dated Nov 20th.

http://www.avn.faa.gov/pdfs/ne_3_20NOV2008.pdf

Even if it weren't in the A/FD, it could just as easily have been published
via the D NOTAM system which is the complement to the A/FD. The FAA simply
assumes you're aware of all available information.

What really blows away some pilots is sometimes changes are made coincident
to the new A/FD publication and the change is not reflected in the NOTAM.
So even if you check your chart and the NOTAMs, if you don't check the A/FD,
you still may not have all the available information.

Old December 8th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Tman" wrote in message
| Tman wrote:
| On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport out
| here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
| souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!
| Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
| issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with
the
| new identifier.
|
| Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
| 119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
| reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...
|
| It is reflected in the A/FD dated Nov 20th.
|
| http://www.avn.faa.gov/pdfs/ne_3_20NOV2008.pdf
|
| Even if it weren't in the A/FD, it could just as easily have been
published
| via the D NOTAM system which is the complement to the A/FD. The FAA
simply
| assumes you're aware of all available information.
|
| What really blows away some pilots is sometimes changes are made
coincident
| to the new A/FD publication and the change is not reflected in the NOTAM.
| So even if you check your chart and the NOTAMs, if you don't check the
A/FD,
| you still may not have all the available information.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

You figured that out all by yourself????

Old December 8th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tman[_2_]

Mike wrote:
"Tman" wrote in message
Tman wrote:
On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport
out here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the
little souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!

Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with
the new identifier.

Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...

It is reflected in the A/FD dated Nov 20th.

http://www.avn.faa.gov/pdfs/ne_3_20NOV2008.pdf

Got it... I was expecting to also see it in the Sectional chart bulletin
-- prefereably, both the change in identifier and the new AWOS frequency.
Old December 8th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message
| "Tman" wrote in message
| Tman wrote:
| On my birthday, they changed the identifier of this little airport
out
| here from 5B3 to LZD. I guess they did it just to confuse the little
| souls that have the current sectionals that still say 5B3!
| Well just to make things more fun, this isn't reflected in the latest
| issue AFD sectional bulletin. But there are new approach plates with
the
| new identifier.
|
| Oh yeah, they've installed an AWOS out there about a year ago -- nice,
| 119.125. But the frequency is / has been notamed, and is not yet
| reflected in either the most current sectional or AFD...
|
| It is reflected in the A/FD dated Nov 20th.
|
| http://www.avn.faa.gov/pdfs/ne_3_20NOV2008.pdf
|
| Even if it weren't in the A/FD, it could just as easily have been
published
| via the D NOTAM system which is the complement to the A/FD. The FAA
simply
| assumes you're aware of all available information.
|
| What really blows away some pilots is sometimes changes are made
coincident
| to the new A/FD publication and the change is not reflected in the
NOTAM.
| So even if you check your chart and the NOTAMs, if you don't check the
A/FD,
| you still may not have all the available information.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

You figured that out all by yourself????

Imagine that, Maxie. While it's quite easy to amaze inbred Okies like you,
that wasn't my intent.

Still anytime you want to join in a grown up discussion to prove how much of
a sophomoric Okie rube you are with nothing of intelligence to add to this
NG, feel free. I can always use the comic relief.