First flight of 304S!

Old November 24th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default First flight of 304S!

November 23rd is the BIG day for HpH company. After several years of
developement maiden flight of 304S was successfully made!
you can now see images on the HpH Website http://www.hph.cz/
23.11. 2006 we take our new baby into air!
A test pilot Ludek Kluger was surprised with the excellent characteristic
this new superglider.
He report excellent flying quality from first moment.
Testing will be continued intensively .

tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at:
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old November 24th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Tim Mara wrote:
November 23rd is the BIG day for HpH company. After several years of
developement maiden flight of 304S was successfully made!
you can now see images on the HpH Website http://www.hph.cz/
23.11. 2006 we take our new baby into air!
A test pilot Ludek Kluger was surprised with the excellent characteristic
this new superglider.
He report excellent flying quality from first moment.
Testing will be continued intensively .

Tim, is there some documentation (design features description, test
results, engineering calculations, etc) that backs up their claim the
304S cockpit is superior to the other manufacturers?

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old November 24th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

there's a lot of testing done and not a lot printed or yet published and a
whole lot more testing and documentation yet to be done....they have just
complete the very first flight after nearly 4 years in
development.....you'll have to wait until they catch their breath to get
detailed reports but you can see from my website and from theirs a brief
description of what has been going on until now and I think you'll agree
there is already more information released by this manufacturer then most.
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Old November 25th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chris

That is exciting, and just like you said, it's first flight was a
Thursday.

Chris

Old November 25th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad

I really appreciate all the great shop pix. Their tooling and CNC
tooling looks very nice.

Brad

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Old November 25th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

"chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
That is exciting, and just like you said, it's first flight was a
Thursday.

Chris

they are true to their word! )
the standing question was always "when will it fly?" and the standard answer
from HpH was "Thursday" .they just never could say which "thursday" )

Also, HpH will now begin taking production orders. Up until now HpH would
not accept deposits for this new sailplane until after the first flights
were accomplished. They have however had a "Pre-order" waiting list to give
preferential ordering times to those who have already expressed their
interest to buy this new ship. This list has some 50+ "pre-orders" that will
now be confirmed or removed from the list for firm orders. During the course
of 2007 it is likely that only about 10 can be completed and delivered. The
very first 10 units will have special basic pricing at only EU59500 (that's
EU10,000 under ! normal anticipated costs) and then the normal price will be
EU69,500 and adjusted as needed then for production costs, inflation and so
on.
I hope to have the options list published on my website in the next week or
so. Anyone interested, please contact myself or HpH http://www.hph.cz/ for
further details.
Best regards
Tim Mara
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

Old November 26th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Tim Mara wrote:
there's a lot of testing done and not a lot printed or yet published and a
whole lot more testing and documentation yet to be done....they have just
complete the very first flight after nearly 4 years in
development.....you'll have to wait until they catch their breath to get
detailed reports but you can see from my website and from theirs a brief
description of what has been going on until now and I think you'll agree
there is already more information released by this manufacturer then most.

True, but I couldn't find anything about the cockpit structure, my main
interest at this point. Let us know When they have some detailed info. I
like the ability to add the motor later on.

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old November 26th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default HpH 304S!

the first glider deliveries will be with out motors though all can be
delivered "motor ready"
the motor options will be initially planned and the anticipated costs are
below
turbo system ? 17.600 september 2007
JET engine system ? 24.400 october 2007 *
self-launching system ? 39.800 november 2007
* this particular Jet engine engine system is unique to HpH
more details will be availible at a later date
there is a brief statement on the structural testing on their earlier flyer
please check the progress in this short presentation.

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org