Mxsmanic

Old January 9th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Houghton

Default Mxsmanic

Howdy!

In article , Aluckyguess wrote:
I would ignore you before him.

That's your call. Mox nix to me.

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
Bowie, MD, USA |
http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad
Old January 9th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

"gwengler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

I like his posts. I think he is very intelligent and has good insight into
how to fly -- most of the time :-)

Danny Deger

Old January 9th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Rhodes

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:53:29 -0600, Chris W wrote:

Michael Rhodes wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:27:01 -0600, Chris W wrote:

The OP was not a critic, it was a plea. My response was not intended to
to be a critic on to worthiness of the plea, just the effectiveness of
it. Any one posting any message that says something like... "Could
everybody PLEASE not post this that or the other thing?", would have
received a similar response from me. If you think any such plea will
have any effect on posters, you are not just delusional, you are
pathetically delusional.

His plea is complaint, and with others it is an irritant. Irritants
are not necessarily without value, or 'delusional'. And your
overstated reply iis also intended an irritant, though in the opposite
direction; against those most would say are quite sane, as of this
moment.

Yours worries me.

'Delusional', huh? Looks like a spit couched in hateful cynicism;
would be easily seen, if it weren't for the lack of clear motive. So
what is it? Just plain evil?

Cynicism? More like realism, such pathetic pleas will never be useful.

Realistic? Psychosis are real. Pleading with them is likely
pathetic. But removing them is a reasonable goal. It is the one
having most realistic chances of success -- unless 'the law' makes it
'unrealistic'.

He is pleading for 'the law', (whatever that might be), to remove the
disturbance. You consider that delusional and pathetic. So, what?
You defend the disturbance in apparent hate of 'the law'. That is
pathetic.

His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd
While the posts you are referring to are undesirable, I'm not sure
"spam" is the right word for what you are talking about.

You're so discerning. So what is the right word?

I don't know but if you label every piece of undesirable email-type of
communication spam, you devalue the meaning of the word.

That is a strange statement, almost a twisted defense of spam.

"Instruction"?
Little is resolved in his threads.

Again my previous post didn't even attempt to address the worthiness of
the posts by the subject of this thread. However I will say that while
his contributions seem to be pretty worthless, I have learned from some
of the other posts in those treads.

His threads exercise the mind, forcing it to run in circles,
eventually wearing paths too easily found again. I prefer my paths
more disciplined. The concepts gained are more appreciated, a method
of learning becomes a sought-after discipline. It affects my view of
the world, and my neighbors.

Msxmanic's preoccupation with a 'default' trim setting found nothing.
Nothing was expected. After study, my conclusion is that he actually
knew that all along, but enjoyed the game with those he knows have
almost no choice but to attempt to teach. If he didn't know it, then
the demon that posseses him does. The value added by instruction,
(the 'food' as one poster called it), becomes bait into a trap.

Generally, the group's attempt is to overwhelm the thread with a valid
perspective. But Msxmanic is very persistent, refusing to let go of
the 'spolight'.

Some just like to argue, so they have Mxsmanic. Some like to watch
others argue, so they have him & this news group. The rest of us get
little use out of that parasitic relationship.

Then you only have one logical recourse, ignore any such postings. No
other course of action (short of killing someone or physically
destroying their ability to post) will have any effect and once again if
you think . . . never mind I think I made my point already.

By expressing my thoughts as if it were your excretion?
--
Michael
Old January 10th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Aluckyguess" wrote)
You are more likely the outcast get a life.

Yes Viperdoc, you outcast you. Get a life! :-)

Still laughing at that one!

Montblack

Old January 10th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris W

I guess I'm not being clear. I am not saying the request in the OP is,
or is not worthy. In fact, I'm explicitly avoiding that.

Let me put it this way. Suppose you were with a group of people all
doing something you wanted to do, and then some one you don't even know
walks up and says, "hey stop doing that". Are you going to stop doing
something you want to just because someone you don't even know asks you
to. I know most people wouldn't.

In other words no one in this or any other news group is going to stop
doing something just because some asks them to. If there are posts you
don't like, them simply don't read them. There is nothing you can do to
stop them. If you think you can . . .

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old January 10th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gwengler

Chris W wrote:
I guess I'm not being clear. I am not saying the request in the OP is,
or is not worthy. In fact, I'm explicitly avoiding that.

Let me put it this way. Suppose you were with a group of people all
doing something you wanted to do, and then some one you don't even know
walks up and says, "hey stop doing that". Are you going to stop doing
something you want to just because someone you don't even know asks you
to. I know most people wouldn't.

In other words no one in this or any other news group is going to stop
doing something just because some asks them to. If there are posts you
don't like, them simply don't read them. There is nothing you can do to
stop them. If you think you can . . .

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Yes, but... If all or most people in the newsgroup would never reply
to any thread that contains MXSMANIAC, then he would perhaps go away.
I know this is not going to work, just a hope. And, yes, you called me
delusional before, but that's only because you're jealous that you
don't hear the little voices...
Gerd

Old January 10th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

The issue -- I was going to say 'problem' but if it is, it's of our own
making --- with MX is it's like watching a car crash. You know what's
going to happen, you're just not sure when or where, but somewhere in
many of his threads will be a well written but really misinformed
remark or statement.

There are enough readers to at least offer information that's more
correct, and that may help the ignorant bystander.

But man, watching him twitch at the end of the of the rope he tied
around his own neck is almost a compelling sight.

Think of it, really. He often posts in the middle of his night, maybe
strapped and harnessed into his simulator chair, bored because his
simulated airplane is flying in the enroute structure on a simulated
auto pilot, and he's composing messages to the various news groups.

Watching what happens,and occasionly pulling on his rip cord is part of
the fun -- don't take it seriously. We have real lives, do real things,
fly real airplanes. We know, both in our minds and our hearts, what he
has never experienced. Even more telling, he often dismisses our
experience as unimportant.

He's never been there, never done that, and doesn't have the tee shirt,
either.

On Jan 10, 2:34 pm, "gwengler" wrote:
Chris W wrote:
[...]

Gerd- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 10th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JD

On Jan 8, 10:29 am, "gwengler" wrote:
Could everybody PLEASE not contribute to any thread with any posting
from Mxsmanic?!!! His postings are spamming up this group to no end.
Gerd

Gotta admit, MX has generated more newsgroup traffic of anyone other
than Sam Spade.

The signal to noise ratio is rather high for responses to his posts.

Let the finest social-misfit of these groups throw the first stone.

But to suggest we put a muzzle on some poster? That's just utter BS and
contrary to purpose of a public forum.
You don't want to read and respond to his threads, fine, you have my
permission to ignore him. But suggesting
that I ignore ANY poster, well, I got two words for you and it ain't
Merry Christmas.

Old January 11th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote

He is obviously lonely and a social outcast. He posts so frequently he
probably rarely enjoys any face to face interactions with people. He
spends so much time on the computer he probably doesn't have much of a
life other than cyberworld.

Probably the best thing that could happen to him, would be for his computer
to break, and he be so broke that he would have to go without it for a
couple of months.

He might even make some friends, and have a life.

Naaah.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 11th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"JD" wrote

You don't want to read and respond to his threads, fine, you have my
permission to ignore him. But suggesting
that I ignore ANY poster, well, I got two words for you and it ain't
Merry Christmas.

And I got two words for you.

Kill File.

Merry Christmas.