GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

Old November 13th 19, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

Were not interested in Dereks conversion, and I have travelled extensively in EU and soared both in germany and in england so careful there with your generalities. Clearly you only read and comprehended the parts you wanted from my last post so for the hard of hearing I will say it again and expound the point a different way, EU has a CULTURE of sailplane flying, North America DOES NOT. We have a CULTURE of power flying. Modern aviation was born in America, and while we played with gliders and used them as stepping stones to develop powered flight, gliding flight is not and has never been our first love, power flying is. We created companies that mass produced power planes for the masses, while EU created companies to produce gliders. And while you continue to dismiss the schweizers and their contribution to soaring, let me remind you that their development of very inexpensive and EASY TO MAINTAIN ships is what really kicked off and sustained American soaring until the fiberglass age. In addition those “pos” schweizers you so flippantly dismiss are flying in the HUNDREDS and will continue to be flying long after your wooden termite attractors are piles of dust. As for modern high performance soaring, one needs to look outside the USA for the best birds, not so much due to the lack of american innovation, but due to the fact that there has never been a big enough market to warrant companies here to invest into tjhis side of aviation in a big way. So we buy our ships from you guys.
Old November 13th 19, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes Eric thats what I was reffering to. That and the relative lack of restrictive federal regulation regarding aviation we enjoy over here.
Old November 13th 19, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In addition Paul T, try flying one of those “pos” schweizers gold or diamond distance and it will demonstrate to you how little you know about efficiently flying a glider. When you can’t rely on impressive L/D, you have to learn to rely on something else, its called efficient flying. Flying one of those little “pos” schweizers xc will teach you more about flying far and flying fast than any glass ship out there.
Old November 13th 19, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Jonathan, I am with you. I feel your pain.
Dan, with all due respect, please respect yourself and stop with the idiotic comparison of guns to cars, hammers, fires, texting and long list of stupid comparisons. None of those things were designed and intended to kill. Why don’t you mention gliders? After all this is the subject of this thread! Gliders kill too. In fact, I know more people who were killed by gliders than by guns. Way more. So by your logic, gliders are probably more dangerous. Maybe we should ban gliders? Yet I love gliders since they were designed to give us pleasure and achievements. They were not designed to kill. It is an unfortunate cost. Yet I hate guns, even though I carried and used guns while in the army. Guns designed to kill. This includes hunting BTW..
I usually avoid politics on RAS. But when folks like Greg bring guns as the reason to want to live in the US just boils my blood. He could have skipped it, but he intentionally brought it up to **** off many, probably most of us. I am glad Jonathan responded. And I am probably going to regret I did. But couldn’t help it. I know quiet a few gun lovers, like you Dan, and I can be their friends, just stop throwing it in our face. There is nothing to be proud of owning a gun. Be proud of your stemme and the great adventures you have in it. Ok, nough said.

Ramy
Old November 13th 19, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Paul T lol, my neck is not stuck out, I’m afraid its your neck thats way out there...Thinking that your the best thing since sliced bread due to visiting the States and “ beating everyone over here” in that one contest, is one of the most “neck stretching” comments I’ve heard here on r.a.s.

Thats what makes this discussion group so much fun and interesting. Denigrating ones machine or country is like denigration ones wife. Better not do it or you for sure are gonna get comments, or if one keeps pushing the point, maybe get a bloody nose. If you will notice in my posts I never said diddly squat about EU gliders until your “pos” remark regarding the foundational machines of early american soaring. I even brought forth the fact that we buy most all our ships from abroad now, although the EU does not have a lock on the market anymore. I think the south african JS boys have got you guys beat in more ways then one now.

As for your ridiculously arrogant statement regarding your superiority in the racing department, I will just let that pass for what I hope it was, namely an over-reaction in the heat of argument. Congratulations on your win over here, however winning one contest in no way shows your apparent superiority in the soaring department. I will say, in that department however, until I see you accomplish your diamond badge in a low performance machine or “beat all of us” in a one-class competition, I can’t engender much respect for your self professed unproven “north american” soaring abilities lol.
Old November 13th 19, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

As for our “pos” gliders made by schweizer, I would think as a Europian instead of denigrating american engineering, you would be thanking companies like schweizer and all the “**** poor” american aviators like my father who saved EU from the fate of having to exclusively fly german aircraft for the next thousand year reign. That was accomplished with american engineering and american aviation skill. I’ve waved the flag enough.
I will stand and salute but all we ask from others is a simple, “ thank you”.
Old November 13th 19, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Some of you are mentally weak, sadly. Gunz was a response to this question:
What freedom do you think you have in the US that we in Western Europe
don't?

That's it, nothing more. Wasn't intended to trigger anyone, surprised that it did. Guns, speech, airspace, zoning(someplaces.) Plus our processed food companies have more freedom to put more garbage in our processed food. All freedoms under attack except the last one, that one is probably increasing in Europe as well.
Old November 13th 19, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Hi Ramy,

Jon and I had a private conversation on the topic and I regret that I
did not make my initial response to him private.* What most don't
understand is that we gun owners are not "gun lovers", but instead
"freedom lovers".* What riles us is the threat of others wanting to
remove our freedoms.* If you review all of my posts over the past 30
years or so, I expect you'll not find a single instance of my wanting to
ban anything.* All I request is similar consideration.

Please contact me privately if you want to discuss this further. I'll
bow out now.

--
Dan, 5J