421C down in Washington State

Old January 26th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 421C down in Washington State

Non-instrument-rated pilot and his 421C are down in the vicinity of Carson,
WA. Last reported at 11000 (?). The mind boggles. Weather is not too swift
in the Seattle area...dunno the condx down there.

--
Bob Gardner

Send a Singing Valentine to a loved one.
Go to www.singingvalentine.com for details.

Old January 26th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

KCZK 261745Z 00000KT 1/2SM -RA FG SCT028 OVC065 06/04 RMK SLP163 NOSPECI CLD
HGT VISUALLY ESTMD

a rather old METAR

NOAA page shows the same
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/data/obhistory/KCZK.html

Jim

. ..

Old January 26th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dang nab it! Another one down? He's OK?

The Monk

Old January 26th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:19:36 -0800, "Bob Gardner"
wrote:

The aircraft went missing yesterday. An ALNOT has been issued.
He was talking to approach getting VFR flight following. Did they
find the 421 or is it still missing?

Also, a Cherokee landed on highway 410 yesterday (pilot put it down
in deteriorating weather). No damage or injuries. WSP however won't
let them fly it out of there....

Bela P. Havasreti

Old January 27th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

According to the TV news, which is always a reliable source (sound of
gagging), he told ATC that he was experiencing problems, then he dropped off
of the radar. Not a good sign.

Old January 27th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dang nab it! Another one down? He's OK?

The Monk

http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=4413486&nav=23Ku

DW

Old January 27th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
Non-instrument-rated pilot and his 421C are down in the vicinity of
Carson, WA. Last reported at 11000 (?). The mind boggles. Weather is not
too swift in the Seattle area...dunno the condx down there.

--
Bob Gardner

Send a Singing Valentine to a loved one.
Go to www.singingvalentine.com for details.

http://www.columbian.com/news/localN...news125225.cfm

Doesn't sound good, VFR into IFR takes another one down.

DW

Old January 27th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I would think that few insurance companies would insure a pilot in a
421 without an Instrument rating!

Dan

Old January 27th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Maybe he didn't have insurance.

ups.com...

Old January 27th 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:04:54 -0600, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

Maybe he didn't have insurance.

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
|I would think that few insurance companies would insure a
pilot in a
| 421 without an Instrument rating!
|
| Dan

The aircraft in question was insured.