Got My Ticket today!!!!

Old May 13th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike 'Flyin'8'

Default Got My Ticket today!!!!

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
. 146.128...
CareBear wrote

Total hours - 78.4
Total cost - $4137.00 - this includes everything - instructor, fuel,
books,
No I don't own the aircraft. The cost included the plane $68-$70 per
hour wet. Thanks for the congrats.

Let's see....78.4 hours times $69 per hour equals roughly $5400 plus
probably 30-40 hours of instructor time at $20-$25 per hour ($750)
equals somewhere around $6150 plus misc fees.

Oh! I see....the $4137 figure is what you tell your wife. :-)

Bob Moore

Good catch Bob. I obviously overlooked or didn't record something in my
calculations. Even if I use your figure of $5400.00 it is still a
reasonable cost as far as I am concerned. The instructor time is built into
the hourly cost. That is, the $68-$70 per hour includes the instructor,
airplane, and fuel. Sorry for the miscalculation.

Either way, that is a smokin deal. You took almost as many hours as
me to finish. It took me a few weeks over a year and somewhere around
80 hours.

Congrats on your ticket, now go enjoy it!

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
Old May 13th 07, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On May 12, 12:07 pm, "CareBear" wrote:
After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and soft
field landings, I got my ticket today. I will admit it is exciting to
finally get your ticket checking to see if it's truly mine, yep, has my
name on it.

Now that the "pressure" is off, I plan to just fly and enjoy the scenery
while continuing to learn as much as I can concerning aviation.

Total hours - 78.4
Total time - First flight 5/1306....PPL ASEL Flight 5/12/06. (Should have
waited 1 more day to make it an even year )
Total cost - $4137.00 - this includes everything - instructor, fuel, books,
sectionals, etc.

My plan is to forge on and get Instrument Rated.

Thanks to all those who gave me moral support when I failed the first time.
--
CareBear

Congrats!!! I'm sure you will enjoy the ticket even more as the years
go by! I know I have.

Bud

Old May 13th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

CareBear wrote:
Good catch Bob. I obviously overlooked or didn't record something in my
calculations. Even if I use your figure of $5400.00 it is still a
reasonable cost as far as I am concerned. The instructor time is built into
the hourly cost. That is, the $68-$70 per hour includes the instructor,
airplane, and fuel. Sorry for the miscalculation.

I was whining at work about the high cost of rentals these days. I can't seem
to find anything to fly for less than $100 or so per hour wet. Looks like you
found a bargain.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old May 13th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
CareBear

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
CareBear wrote:
Good catch Bob. I obviously overlooked or didn't record something in my
calculations. Even if I use your figure of $5400.00 it is still a
reasonable cost as far as I am concerned. The instructor time is built
into
the hourly cost. That is, the $68-$70 per hour includes the instructor,
airplane, and fuel. Sorry for the miscalculation.

I was whining at work about the high cost of rentals these days. I can't
seem to find anything to fly for less than $100 or so per hour wet. Looks
like you found a bargain.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Yes the rental cost is not too bad. Unfortunately it may get worse if the
user fees/taxes proposal get passed.

--
CareBear

Old May 13th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dallas

On Sat, 12 May 2007 20:40:35 -0500, CareBear wrote:

That is, the $68-$70 per hour includes the instructor,
airplane, and fuel.

Wow... that's not a good deal... that's a fantastic deal.

--
Dallas
Old May 13th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y

On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:14:43 GMT, Dallas
wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2007 20:40:35 -0500, CareBear wrote:

That is, the $68-$70 per hour includes the instructor,
airplane, and fuel.

Wow... that's not a good deal... that's a fantastic deal.

You got that right! INCLUDING an instructor? WOW!

Here in CT, a Warrior or 172 goes ~$100 wet, the instructor is an
extra $45-50.

$68/hr is about what it costs me to fly the Sundowner I own, if I do
12-15 hours per month.
Old May 13th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Euan Kilgour

On May 13, 7:07 am, "CareBear" wrote:
After an additional 5.5 hours practicing forward slips to a landing and soft
field landings, I got my ticket today. I will admit it is exciting to
finally get your ticket checking to see if it's truly mine, yep, has my
name on it.

Now that the "pressure" is off, I plan to just fly and enjoy the scenery
while continuing to learn as much as I can concerning aviation.

Total hours - 78.4
Total time - First flight 5/1306....PPL ASEL Flight 5/12/06. (Should have
waited 1 more day to make it an even year )
Total cost - $4137.00 - this includes everything - instructor, fuel, books,
sectionals, etc.

My plan is to forge on and get Instrument Rated.

Thanks to all those who gave me moral support when I failed the first time.

Congratulations CareBear! Failure just makes success all the
sweeter. Go out and enjoy your license to learn.

Old May 14th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
CareBear

wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2007 20:40:35 -0500, CareBear wrote:

That is, the $68-$70 per hour includes the instructor,
airplane, and fuel.

Wow... that's not a good deal... that's a fantastic deal.

You got that right! INCLUDING an instructor? WOW!

Here in CT, a Warrior or 172 goes ~$100 wet, the instructor is an
extra $45-50.

$68/hr is about what it costs me to fly the Sundowner I own, if I do
12-15 hours per month.

Barry, tell me the pros and cons of your Sundowner. I have a possible
opportunity to purchase one (1980 Model) but would like some info. I have
never flown one but am interested. All my training was in a C-152.

Thanks,

--
CareBear

Old May 14th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
CareBear

"Euan Kilgour" wrote in message
ups.com...

Congratulations CareBear! Failure just makes success all the
sweeter. Go out and enjoy your license to learn.

Thanks, Euan. I plan on doing exactly that...flying to enjoy it and
learning at the same time.

--
CareBear

Old May 14th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dallas

On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:06:18 -0500, CareBear wrote:

Barry, tell me the pros and cons of your Sundowner.

Hey, CB... I'm still impressed with your hourly costs, would you tell us
more?

What kind of aircraft is it? What does the instructor charge if you take
it up without him/her.

--
Dallas

WTB: 135 Ticket AML General Aviation 2 May 30th 06 03:10 PM
WTB: 135 Ticket AML Piloting 28 May 26th 06 04:10 PM
WTB:135 Ticket AML Owning 1 May 24th 06 08:41 PM
WTB: 135 Ticket AML Aviation Marketplace 1 May 24th 06 03:32 PM
Got my ticket... now what? Cub Driver Piloting 3 July 10th 03 07:14 AM