Bob Hoover

Old March 14th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Bob Hoover

"Big John" wrote in message
I saw Bob perform many many times doing the impossible in heavy iron
and GA.

I finallly quit watching him do those impossible things as I didn't
want to see such a nice guy buy it.

Big John

His airshow routine was a piece of cake compare to some of the things he
went through during WWII and as a test pilot.

Old March 14th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

His airshow routine was a piece of cake compare to some of the things he
went through during WWII and as a test pilot.

I read an article on his career, and he actually performed the Shrike
engine out routine back in North Africa during the war in a P-38. He
did it to demonstrate that the P-38 could be handled adequately both
single engine and dead-stick.

Dean

Old March 15th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I ran into Bob standing in fornt of me in the checkout line at Ralph's
supermarket in Palos Verdes, CA near where he lives. He was very
sociable and easy to talk to.
gatt wrote:
"Maule Driver" wrote in message
m...
Great stuff. Hoover gives me chills. Seeing that routine live is one of
my most memorable flying experiences - and I was standing on the ground.

Yeah, I recommend sitting down or having something soft under you.

You can always tell who in the stands are pilots because they get all
emotional.

-c

Old March 15th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dallas" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hum... it seems to be a Macromedia Flash Player file which complicates
things a little.

Yep... I refuse to load yet another security hole onto my machines... Hell,
it's bad enough just with the ones that MS delivers... When I was on a
recent DoD (Navy) contract, they wouldn't even allow it on any of the
machines on the NMCI network...

Is BOB HOOVER still alive???? aviation buff Piloting 12 March 21st 17 01:32 PM
Hoover Dam Robert M. Gary Piloting 13 March 2nd 05 06:20 AM
Bob Hoover and Chuck Yeager at the Soaring Convention? [email protected] Soaring 1 January 3rd 05 03:49 AM
Interview with (aviation legend) Bob Hoover Paul Lips Owning 15 October 10th 04 02:30 PM
Loss of Doolittle Raider Travis Hoover. Krztalizer Military Aviation 3 January 21st 04 05:38 AM