samll plane noise

Old August 12th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DaveB

Default samll plane noise

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 01:41:16 GMT, Judah wrote:

"daffy" wrote in news:1155241719.548641.249810
:

The Bay Area is plagued by small plane noise. I can't go outside
without hearing the droneing sound. From afar, it is like some sort
of low frequency noise, as the plane gets closer, it is very
irritating.

The FAA should regulate the noise levels of these planes before
they become a real nusance, and private aircraft will be completly
banned.

Are you sure it's plane noise and not boat noise? I believe even small
speedboats make more noise than small planes.

If it bothers you that much, there are many places one can move to where
flying is not permitted. Unfortunately, most of them have other freedom-
inhibiting rules that may be somewhat more annoying than a little noise.

I agree, I sold my 4500 sq.ft. home on the lake and moved into a condo
near LAX.

Best

Daveb
Old August 12th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"Skylune" wrote in
lkaboutaviation.com:

Don't do that. The pilots all know there is no enforcement, and they
will retaliate by buzzing your house since you have the audacity to
complain about noise.

Here is the mentality you are fighting:
http://www.stopthenoise.org/Pilot%20Talk.htm

You need to go to the press, organize other victims, and go to the
politicians en masse. It is extremely hard to fight the FAA/AOPA cabal,
but it is possible if you are persistent and do your research.

Victims? Fight? What are you fighting for? What are you a victim of?

America is a country that is founded on principles of freedom and
democracy.

Pilots are free to fly in this country once they have demonstrated that
they can do so safely. In a similar manner, drivers are free to drive in
this country once they have demonstrated they can do so safely.

I'm sorry that your house is in a noisy spot. I assure you that pilots do
their best to pick practice areas that are in remote locations so as to
disturb the fewest people possible.

People may hear airplane noise if they bought houses in those areas. If it
disturbs them, that is certainly unfortunate.

The solution of creating no fly zones over your house because you are
annoyed by the noise is ludicrous. The US Government was not established
to protect a very small set of citizens from their own bad choices, poor
due diligence, or just plain bad luck.

Perhaps you should consider staying inside and turning the TV on to
eliminate the noise. Or if that is not acceptable, I can offer a good
source of inexpensive earplugs. Of course, neither I nor the US
Government, would ever attempt to restrict you from moving somewhere else
that is not in the practice area of an airport. Why would you think that
the government would attempt to restrict me from flying in your
neighborhood if I am doing so safely?

Do you believe that you have more rights than I do to the air above your
head? I'm afraid you don't own the air that circulates above or around
your person or property. Even if you breathe that air, it's just on loan,
as it will be expelled out of you shortly afterward, ultimately to be
shared by someone else.

If it disturbs you that much, I can recommend several places where you can
move to and be guaranteed not to hear small airplanes. There are countries
that restrict air travel by any other than military personnel. As such,
the likelihood of encountering airplane noise will be limited.
Unfortunately, these countries have other rules in place that restrict the
freedoms of their population and you may be affected by them. Especially
if you are of American descent. And I cannot guarantee your safety there
either, as many of these countries are in constant states of war and
rebellion, or intense poverty and corruption.

And while it may not even be quiet, you certainly won't have to worry
about airplane noise...
Old August 12th 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 02:58:42 GMT, Judah wrote:
I'm sorry that your house is in a noisy spot. I assure you that pilots do
their best to pick practice areas that are in remote locations so as to
disturb the fewest people possible.

Maybe you do, but I'm more interested in it having plenty of alternate
landing spots (i.e. large fields)... Of course this usually also
results in disturbing the fewest people possible, but that is rather
low on my priority list...
Old August 12th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:24:25 -0700, NW_Pilot wrote:

I like the sound of airplanes!!!

We're on a common departure route from KTEB (heading towards the SBJ VOR,
I believe). Because of traffic to/from KEWR, the small jets out of KTEB
are often held to about 2000' until around my town.

Some people complain. Others enjoy the occasional push out of the
airport. Most recognize that it's the price to be paid for (1) proximity
to multiple convenient airports and (2) civilization.

My 1-year-old, upon hearing any plane, looks for it in the sky and points
it out.

My 4-year-old is fascinated by the weird concept that these airplanes'
engines have their propellers on the inside.

The residents close in to KTEB do complain somewhat. But that airport has
been there longer than they - or their parents, in many cases - have been
alive. In fact, those towns postdate the airport.

Personally, were I in charge of the airport I'd offer a "what if" month.
For one month, no employees from those towns would be paid. No local
shopping would occur. No local restaurants would be used. No local goods
or services whatsoever.

- Andrew

Old August 13th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Owen[_2_]

Bob Noel wrote:

not in reply to steve...

"Skylune" wrote in message
news:fcf4f614b39660240673927ae9c5bcf8@localhost. talkaboutaviation.com...

You can move far away from an airfield, and some anonymous bureacrat can
decide to create an "acro-box" right over your home. This is what
happened to the poor folks in Groton, Ma, which is not close to an
airfield.

yo, looney bird. Groton MA is indeed close to an airport.

And it was a lot closer to one before Moore AAF closed. I believe
Groton even had its own airport (a grass field) at one point in the past.