Latch for a Karl Pfeifer trailer

Old October 16th 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Walsh[_2_]

Default Latch for a Karl Pfeifer trailer

Group,

I have a Karl Pfeifer trailer which is missing one of the two latches
on the front access hatch. The latch has a little nub for your index
finger, and a plunger you depress with your thumb. Ideally, I'd like
a replacement that matches the existing bolt hole pattern, and just
bolts on with no further modification. Hopefully someone in this
group has done the leg work to source such a latch, or maybe someone
has an old Pfeifer trailer to part out.

Regards,
David Walsh
Old October 16th 09, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Try searching for "67 VW Beetle locking glove box latch" and see if
that matches your latch.
Jim
Old October 16th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Oct 15, 10:08*pm, David Walsh wrote:
Group,

I have a Karl Pfeifer trailer which is missing one of the two latches
on the front access hatch. * The latch has a little nub for your index
finger, and a plunger you depress with your thumb. * Ideally, I'd like
a replacement that matches the existing bolt hole pattern, and just
bolts on with no further modification. * Hopefully someone in this
group has done the leg work to source such a latch, or maybe someone
has an old Pfeifer trailer to part out.

Regards,
David Walsh

http://www.chircoestore.com/catalog/...i75b hhtipvv2

You need a deck lid. Check the length to get the correct one. Buy
two with the same key, cheaper than rekeying yoour old one.
Old October 19th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Walsh[_2_]

On Oct 16, 12:08*am, David Walsh wrote:
Group,

I have a Karl Pfeifer trailer which is missing one of the two latches
on the front access hatch. * The latch has a little nub for your index
finger, and a plunger you depress with your thumb. * Ideally, I'd like
a replacement that matches the existing bolt hole pattern, and just
bolts on with no further modification. * Hopefully someone in this
group has done the leg work to source such a latch, or maybe someone
has an old Pfeifer trailer to part out.

Regards,
David Walsh

Jim, Tim

Bingo! You guy's nailed it! That's what I was looking for, a bolt
on solution, that doesn't need any modifying or rigging, and looks
like it belongs with the trailer. What an obscure question to
ask.....the next morning, I get an exact answer, with a link to the
part!!!

Thanks Guys! Once again r.a.s. kicks ass!

Regards,
David Walsh