Teamsters send clear message

Old February 23rd 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Teamsters send clear message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
but it holds more people than those last two events combined, so it's a

good question.

Oh, come on. Any question that includes "Would NASCAR have the
authority to have the pilot arrested?" just can't qualify as a "good
question". Just a bunch of trolling. Its really irritating me that I'm
going to have to switch my news reader to filter this stuff out.

-Robert

No, it WAS a good question, when you read the piece and figured out the real
question that was being asked instead of interjecting what you *thought* was
being asked. The question was essentially, do they have no fly zones over
NASCAR races, the Daytona 500 in particular. My answer was, it is a good
question, because it has never been addressed since the 2002 D500, where
there was a no fly zone in effect.

Come down off your high horse why don't ya.

Old February 24th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

but it holds more people than those last two events combined, so it's a good question.

Oh, come on. Any question that includes "Would NASCAR have the
authority to have the pilot arrested?" just can't qualify as a "good
question". Just a bunch of trolling. Its really irritating me that I'm
going to have to switch my news reader to filter this stuff out.

Probably so. Just about any real newsreader will do. I'm really
surprised that Google Groups wouldn't have the ability to ignore
threads.
Old February 24th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

It seems clear to me get rid of the Union, they are all a bunch of crooks
anyhow.
Unions protecting the lazy hurting the hard working. Sending jobs oversea's
because of unrealistic wages for unskilled workers..
A skilled laborer will always have a job.

Old February 24th 06, 03:47 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

SimRacer wrote:

The question was essentially, do they have no fly zones over
NASCAR races, the Daytona 500 in particular.

I cannot tell from your post if you know the answer, but in the event you
don't, sometime right after 9/11 there was a broad TFR written that covered
all sporting venues. This TFR reads, in part:

"ALL AIRCRAFT AND PARACHUTE OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED AT AND BELOW 3,000
FEET AGL WITHIN A THREE NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF ANY STADIUM HAVING A
SEATING CAPACITY OF 30,000 OR MORE PEOPLE IN WHICH A MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL,
NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, NCAA DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL, OR MAJOR MOTOR
SPEEDWAY EVENT IS OCCURING."

This TFR is still active, which means that there definitely was a TFR over
the Daytona 500 and any NEXTEL Cup NASCAR race these days (aren't all the
NEXTEL tracks surrounded by 30k seating capacity?).

Certain aircraft operations, such as aircraft carrying television camera
equipment will apply for a waiver, but a banner tower would most likely be
prohibited from flying.

--
Peter
Old February 24th 06, 05:45 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
but it holds more people than those last two events combined, so it's a

good question.

Oh, come on. Any question that includes "Would NASCAR have the
authority to have the pilot arrested?" just can't qualify as a "good
question". Just a bunch of trolling. Its really irritating me that I'm
going to have to switch my news reader to filter this stuff out.

Well, it wasn't a real news story, just propaganda put out by the Teamster
crooks... Look at the source -- "PRNewswire"... As if the line in the
'article' that says, " Founded in 1903, the Teamsters Union represents more
than 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States and Canada."
wasn't a dead giveaway that it was just a piece of Teamster propaganda...

What I want in a newsreader is the ability to filter messages that are
crossposted, expecially to groups to which I have no desire to read (e.g.
the NASCAR group in this crosspost)...

Old February 24th 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote:

What I want in a newsreader is the ability to filter messages that are
crossposted, expecially to groups to which I have no desire to read (e.g.
the NASCAR group in this crosspost)...

I don't know if any have that capability. What I use is a
no-longer-supported freeware program called NewsProxy (also known as
nfilter). It sits between your newsreader and your internet
connection, and applies rules to filter messages. Not the most
user-friendly software, but if you are moderately computer adept, you
can make it work. It's popular on another forum I participate in,
where one of the regulars keeps updating the rule set to get rid of
some of the noise in the forum. It might be what you are looking for.
Examples from his rule set include killing messages from known trolls
and spammers, troll indicators in the subject line, cross posts to
more than 3 groups or to particular irrelevant groups, while not
filtering out messages cross-posted to certain relevant groups.

Here's a source if you are interested:
http://www.nfilter.org

Old February 24th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

DAYTONA, Fla., Feb. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Teamsters Union
denounced Waste Management Inc. (WMI) for its ongoing assault
on minority sanitation workers by commissioning a plane to fly a
50-foot banner over the Daytona 500 speedway for two hours ...

Wonder if the pilots were union pilots?

Old February 24th 06, 04:09 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote in
[...]

But, they won't filter out your stupidity for doing the exact
thing you complain about.

Old February 24th 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message
It seems clear to me get rid of the Union, they are all a bunch of crooks
anyhow.
Unions protecting the lazy hurting the hard working. Sending jobs
oversea's because of unrealistic wages for unskilled workers..
A skilled laborer will always have a job.

Only if you define burger-flipper as a "job". Hundreds of thousands of
skilled workers are looking for jobs in their occupations.

The jobs going overseas aren't for unskilled labor. It's not cost-effective
to outsource minimal-wage jobs. For some work, like office cleaning, it's
not even possible. It's the skilled work that gets outsourced.

-- John Mazor
"The search for wisdom is asymptotic."

"Except for Internet newsgroups, where it is divergent..."
-- R J Carpenter

Old February 24th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"WildWeasel" wrote in message
DAYTONA, Fla., Feb. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Teamsters Union
denounced Waste Management Inc. (WMI) for its ongoing assault
on minority sanitation workers by commissioning a plane to fly a
50-foot banner over the Daytona 500 speedway for two hours ...

Wonder if the pilots were union pilots?

Not unless the flight was operated by an airline, which it almost certainly
wasn't. Even if the pilots work for one of the few Teamster airlines and
volunteered to fly it, this probably was an FBO operation.