Teamsters send clear message

Old February 26th 06, 02:55 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Teamsters send clear message

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
but it holds more people than those last two events combined, so it's

good question.

Oh, come on. Any question that includes "Would NASCAR have the
authority to have the pilot arrested?" just can't qualify as a "good
question". Just a bunch of trolling. Its really irritating me that I'm
going to have to switch my news reader to filter this stuff out.

Well, it wasn't a real news story, just propaganda put out by the Teamster
crooks... Look at the source -- "PRNewswire"... As if the line in the
'article' that says, " Founded in 1903, the Teamsters Union represents

more
than 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States and

Canada."
wasn't a dead giveaway that it was just a piece of Teamster propaganda...

What I want in a newsreader is the ability to filter messages that are
crossposted, expecially to groups to which I have no desire to read (e.g.
the NASCAR group in this crosspost)...

Unions especially the Teamsters don't care about their members. The mobbed
up leaders are only interested in recruiting more members so they can take a
cut of every dollar earned by the "1.4 million hardworking men and women in
the United States and Canada".

They have done this in the past through extortion, intimidation and
violence. In today’s world, the controlling Neanderthals are trying to
soften this image but the reasons remain the same.

My hourly value should be judged by my actions, not by some pre-determined
negotiated rate. Every worker should be judged by there talent, integrity,
dedication, and leadership ability. Workers who excel are penalized by
being paid the same as slackers. Eventually the slackers overwhelm the
workforce.

Look at the US post office, millions of letter carriers doing just enough to
get by, counting the days, weeks and years till retirement. I know this
first hand with 3 brothers and two childhood friends in the post office. I
can ask any one of them and they can tell me how long before they are
eligible for retirement and at what level pay they plan to leave (in 4 years
I can retire at 60% pay 7 for full pay).

Unions have destroyed the productivity of the USA. There presence does
nothing but undermine society.

Old February 28th 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

Grumman-581 wrote:

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
but it holds more people than those last two events combined, so it's a

[...]

You are probably too stupid to figure out how to do it.
--
Mike
Old February 28th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

M White wrote:
What are the air space rules regarding flying over an event like that?
Anybody know? Would NASCAR have the authority to have the pilot arrested?
Can NASCAR ask for certain air space at a certain time to be 'theirs'?

Presumably, if it happened during the military fly-over, they'd probably
be restricted.
--
"Oh look, there's the rock that GOD can't pick up, finally I can do my
taxes in peace. And I've set fire to those nearby butterflies, so
Old March 1st 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"alexy" wrote in message
news
I don't know if any have that capability. What I use is a
no-longer-supported freeware program called NewsProxy (also known as
nfilter). It sits between your newsreader and your internet
connection, and applies rules to filter messages. Not the most
user-friendly software, but if you are moderately computer adept, you
can make it work. It's popular on another forum I participate in,
where one of the regulars keeps updating the rule set to get rid of
some of the noise in the forum. It might be what you are looking for.
Examples from his rule set include killing messages from known trolls
and spammers, troll indicators in the subject line, cross posts to
more than 3 groups or to particular irrelevant groups, while not
filtering out messages cross-posted to certain relevant groups.

crossposting to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar snipped

I've tried it, but couldn't find a way to filter based on the "Newsgroups:"
field in the headers....

Old March 1st 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote:

"alexy" wrote in message
[...]

Try this line:
rec.aviation.piloting drop xref:*autos.*
to drop all messages in r.a.p crossposted to a group with "autos" in
its name.

And this line:

* drop xref:[^:]+{3,}

to drop all articles (in any group) crossposted to 3 or more groups.
(I'd have to study up on regular expressions to decade that last one,
but it works.)

Will the obvious demunge of your address work? If so, I'll send you
the filter file someone prepared for another group, which might give
you some ideas.
Old March 1st 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"alexy" wrote in message
Will the obvious demunge of your address work? If so, I'll send you
the filter file someone prepared for another group, which might give
you some ideas.

Yep, it's obfuscated, but it should be fairly obvious what needs to be done
to send it to me over at gmail.com...

Old May 17th 06, 12:46 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

Yep. Here's me. One of them slacker postal workers, who now at age 52 has a
blown disk and nothing but bull**** from management about it. Still trying
to pull my weight without ****ing it up any more than it is. Without my
union, I would have been out the door ages ago. Not because I don't work,
but because I don't cower. Intimidation and coercion are the main management
tools.That's what they do with the temporary help. They can push them around
through fear because they don't have any representation. When they break,
they're out the door. Think they'd treat regulars any different if they
could?

Yeah...unions aren't perfect, but when you work in a culture of white collar
assholes who never put in an honest day's work in their lives and only care
about how much you can put out until they break you, they're lifesavers. It
would be nice to live in a fantasy world where hard work and all that other
crap got you what you were worth, but that's just not the world we live in.
The ass-kissers get all the good stuff while the rest do the work.

Greedy, egomaniacal white collar assholes are the ones who have done the
most damage to productivity. How many times do you figure you can kick a dog
before he turns around and bites you.

Asswipe.

mike

Old May 17th 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"mike regish" wrote:

Greedy, egomaniacal white collar assholes are the ones who have done the
most damage to productivity. How many times do you figure you can kick a dog
before he turns around and bites you.

I have to admit, you have a point.
My wife works for a large corporation, and the stories she tells me
about goal setting by the executives is that they will not commit to any
objective/goal unless they are absolutely certain it will be obtained.
This so as not to jepardize their bonuses.
Old May 17th 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"mike regish" wrote in message
[...]

When you're done whining, mommy will give you a new bottle.

Old May 17th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.aviation.piloting

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"mike regish" wrote:

Greedy, egomaniacal white collar assholes are the ones who have done the
most damage to productivity. How many times do you figure you can kick a
dog
before he turns around and bites you.

I have to admit, you have a point.
My wife works for a large corporation, and the stories she tells me
about goal setting by the executives is that they will not commit to any
objective/goal unless they are absolutely certain it will be obtained.
This so as not to jepardize their bonuses.

Bonuses typically have nothing to do with meeting project goals, or with
achieving a goal versus reaching 98% of it.