Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Old August 21st 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news
writes:

You sure are fixated on "safe".

Yes, and that's a very healthy fixation in aviation.

Not from a mental health stand point.

Old August 21st 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Ken S. Tucker writes:

Do you know how many people are electocuted
by keyboards per year ...

No, I don't. How many?

Since keyboards operate at extremely low voltages, usually an operator
endangers a keyboard more than a keyboard endangers an operator.

Have you tried Pampers?

Old August 21st 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news
Jim Logajan writes:

Aren't you supposed to weigh risk with the corresponding personal value
or
benefit of any particular action?

I do. And that drives me to avoid many types of risk.

I lack the thrill-seeking, irritable, and competitive behavior that
afflicts
so many males, so I take fewer risks than most people of my gender.

You don't have a gender.

Old August 21st 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques writes:

You seem to have a very low opinion of men.

They are very emotional and often engage in fairly stereotyped, negative
behaviors, especially as a group.

How would you know, been looking out the window?

Old August 21st 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jay Honeck writes:

What's truly ironic, Anthony, is that I have never read anything you've
posted that would result in you being censored on Pilots of America.

I'm never censored based on content, I'm censored because people don't
like
me. Typically I follow all the rules.

Liar. Then take your silly ass questions to a simulator group.

Old August 21st 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Tim" wrote in message
"The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote
Looks like we have a winner!

Anthony is NOT here to talk aviation.

Back in high school, when we wanted to bed Mary Jane Rottencrotch, we

didn't
just walk up and say hey, wanna screw?

Neither does Mx. It that respect, he does prove himself much smarter than
many of the "pilots" here, everyday. Are you listening Dudley?

Dudley isn't the problem - I have never seen Dudley respond in any manner
other than to provide an answer to a question. That's what this NG is
supposed to be about after all.

Oh, you mean like this one?

Old August 21st 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news
Jay Honeck writes:

Hmmm....good point. I must confess, it *is* kind of funny/pathetic to
watch
how effortlessly he can jerk around pilots who are otherwise (apparently)
logical, even-tempered folks...

I take care to be nice and civil, but I do not engage in the kind of
mollycoddling that some people require in order to stay calm. If they
cannot
stand direct, objective discussion, that's their problem, not mine. I do
not
have the time or inclination to hold the hands of people who insist on
behaving like children.

Then how do you stand yourself?

Old August 21st 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

Anything you say Anthony. I've reached that point where it's time to say
I'm not interested in changing your opinion.

Starting a discussion with the intention of changing someone's opinion is
often a highway to disappointment.