Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Old August 21st 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

The facts don't seem to support that argument for anyone actually taking
the trouble to READ my responses to him.

--
Dudley Henriques

Sure it does. The more noise you help Bertie create over here, the more
people will be encouraged to move to other groups.

You might have some of the people here "snowed", but I'm not buying it.
Tweaking Anthony fits right in with spamming for POA.

Old August 21st 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Abbott wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:
But Dudley, you must admit, sometimes polishing a turd is impossible.

Jim

Either way, the responsibility lies with the instructor. The student is
the workpiece the instructor must complete.

--
Dudley Henriques

This of course assumes the instructor passes everything that comes through
the door. This might work for some instructors. GOOD instructors engage in
an ongoing evaluation of each student they take on. If at ANY time the
GOOD instructor realizes that a specific student isn't developing the
required attitude or attitude change as the case might be, it's incumbent
on the instructor to at that point call in an outside evaluation for that
student; the continuance of instruction to be decided after that
evaluation.
For good CFI's, the question of money or profit doesn't enter the picture
when evaluating a student's attitude toward flying.
There are indeed instructors out here who don't operate this way. For
them, the fact that the student exists on the schedule is a consideration.
Not so for the instructor doing the job properly.
It is admittedily a two way street. Each student must be given the very
best the instructor has to offer. In return, the instructor must DEMAND
the same from the student.
There can indeed come a time with a specific student showing signs of an
"attitude issue" where an instructor should disengage. Some CFI's can do
this, some won't. It's a personal choice for the CFI.
Personally, I have had several students with "bad attitudes" that did not
respond directly to instruction designed to change that attitude. To
eliminate myself as the source of the failure to communicate, I in each
case had the affected student evaluated by another instructor. In every
instance (3 in all) the student was evaluated with an attitude problem by
the second instructor. None of these 3 students were graduated from our
program. I can't speak for their eventual disposition within the training
system.

GOOD CFI's don't graduate students with bad attitudes into the system.

--
Dudley Henriques

You can say more and explain less than a junior high school girl.

Has the fact that people don't seem to be lining up in droves behind you
on these things dawned on you yet?
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 21st 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

Abbott wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
If you are reading anything "complicated" into what I have said, I'm
afraid you might be misinterpreting or misunderstanding the entire
point.
Flight instruction in NO WAY has to be complicated, and instructors who
over complicate things with the way they interface with a student might
be in need of some added instruction themselves.
Don't read over complication into a written explanation. In practice,
what you are reading is actually the epitome of simplicity :-)

--
Dudley Henriques

Then how did you ever give instruction.

I'm sure you could lecture a have hour on just the door latch.

Max, what I can't figure out about you is why you bother to do all the
name changes when you post here. You seem to come up as the same message
source under all your names. Hell, I'm the worst computer guy in the
world, and even I have you nailed.
Why not simply post under the same name all the time? Doesn't make any
sense at all. It's childish actually.

--
Dudley Henriques

Sure, you don't have a clue, do ya. Bull****.

Let's just say from this point forward I don't have a name. I don't need
one. I'm not here to "be some body".

Old August 21st 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

Has the fact that people don't seem to be lining up in droves behind you
on these things dawned on you yet?
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques

It's not necessary, I never expected it.

Old August 21st 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Abbott wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
The facts don't seem to support that argument for anyone actually taking
the trouble to READ my responses to him.

--
Dudley Henriques

Sure it does. The more noise you help Bertie create over here, the more
people will be encouraged to move to other groups.

You might have some of the people here "snowed", but I'm not buying it.
Tweaking Anthony fits right in with spamming for POA.

Don't get it do you Max? The only thing I have going with Bertie is when
we "speak" a bit back channel on aviation matters. Here, I leave him
alone and he shows me the same courtesy. We don't "back each other up"
at all.
Now YOU on the other hand Max, are another matter. Neither of us like
you. Personally I don't mind trading jabs with you as every post you
make demonstrates the absolute differences between us all that much more.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 21st 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

Bull****. All of it.

Old August 21st 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Abbott wrote:
[...]

Afraid not Maxie. Anyone viewing "message source" in their news reader
for both Maxwell, Bunyip Slayer, and Abbott will come up with exactly
the same data, even to your newsreader version AND build.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 21st 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Abbott wrote:
[...]

Obviously :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 21st 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Abbott wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Has the fact that people don't seem to be lining up in droves behind you
on these things dawned on you yet?
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques

It's not necessary, I never expected it.

Actually I expected at least a few takers for your crap. Anyone posting
on a forum for as long as I have has to have made a few enemies, and I'm
sure I have a few here.
Knowing this, it seems even my enemies don't want to support the crap
you've been selling.

--
Dudley Henriques