Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Old August 21st 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Abbott

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Abbott wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Has the fact that people don't seem to be lining up in droves behind you
on these things dawned on you yet?
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques

It's not necessary, I never expected it.

Actually I expected at least a few takers for your crap. Anyone posting on
a forum for as long as I have has to have made a few enemies, and I'm sure
I have a few here.
Knowing this, it seems even my enemies don't want to support the crap
you've been selling.

--
Dudley Henriques

Has nothing to do with it, but nice try.

Old August 21st 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
yod-yog+ais

On 8/20/2008 8:36 PM Mxsmanic ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

Fixation is just keen attention paid to something

No, it isn't. You're lying again.

Main Entry:
fix·a·tion
Pronunciation:
\fik-?sa--sh?n\
Function:
noun
Date:
14th century

: the act, process, or result of fixing, fixating, or becoming fixated:
as
a: a persistent concentration of libidinal energies upon objects
characteristic of psychosexual stages of development preceding the
genital stage
b: stereotyped behavior (as in response to frustration)
c: an obsessive or unhealthy preoccupation or attachment

which corporations can
manage as well as human beings.

Yes, of course, corporations can certainly manage a persistent
concentration of libidinal energies as well as human beings. Remember,
this is your claim. It's a typical trait of stupid people to be
unable to understand the actual meaning of a word when misapplying
it in context.

Old August 21st 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
yod-yog+ais

On 8/20/2008 4:17 PM Mxsmanic ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

writes:

An obvious lie if you are using the dictionary definition of "emotional".

It's not a lie, I'm afraid.

Yes, it is.

Men are more quick-tempered and have stronger
emotions in almost every situation, thanks to those male hormones.

Utterly fatuous and wrong. The above quoted statement is result of
extraordinarly poor thinking and even worse research, a common trait
among the very stupid.

Per Dr. Larry Cahill of the University of California at Irvine, "We have
been assuming that the ways in which emotions are organized in the
brain are essentially similar in men and women," but they aren't. Parts
of the limbic cortex, which is involved in emotional responses, are
smaller in men than in women.

Women use the left part of the amygdala — the part of the brain that
creates emotional reactions to events — to put memories in order by
emotional strength, meaning that something emotionally important to them
(like a great first date a couple of months ago) will be ordered in
front of what they ate for breakfast yesterday. Men, however, use the
right part of the amygdala to put memories in order. Traditionally, the
right hemisphere of the brain is associated with the central action of
an event, while the left hemisphere is associated with finer details.

Male brains produce 52 percent more serotonin (the chemical that
influences mood) than female brains, according to a study done at McGill
University. And studies show that fewer men than women suffer from
depression. Guys may also have an easier time rolling with life's big
stresses.
Old August 21st 08, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim[_1_]

"Nomen Nescio" wrote

For once, I think he has a valid point.

I recently gave up on a forum that claimed 30k members.
- From what I saw, the 30k consisted of 29,980 who signed up and quickly
left...............and 20 douchebags who are there every minute of every

day.

Hey, that sounds just like RAP!