Is this thing on? :)

Old November 9th 09, 01:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

Default Is this thing on? :)

Ok.... so it looks like I'm all up and running with Windows 7 and I also
appear to have Windows Live Mail figured out. Why they dumped Windows Mail
and went to this.... beats me. It still does not decode yEnc unless there is
a plug in that I need to install from somewhere. I may look for it
tomorrow.... or not.

I've noticed that traffic has been somewhat down lately. I had an hour to
kill this afternoon and took a few shots. Nothing amazing but they are kind
of neat and might be fun to share. ENJOY!

Nick

Old November 9th 09, 01:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

Oh well. I'm not a fan anyway so I don't care if they ever do support yEnc
or not.

Nick

"Sj" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:27:05 -0600, "Canuck" wrote:

Ok.... so it looks like I'm all up and running with Windows 7 and I also
appear to have Windows Live Mail figured out. Why they dumped Windows Mail
and went to this.... beats me. It still does not decode yEnc unless there
is
a plug in that I need to install from somewhere. I may look for it
tomorrow.... or not.

I've noticed that traffic has been somewhat down lately. I had an hour to
kill this afternoon and took a few shots. Nothing amazing but they are
kind
of neat and might be fun to share. ENJOY!

Nick

I doubt MS will ever acknowledge yEnc ...

Sj

Old November 9th 09, 05:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_10_]

Default Is this thing on? :) ATTN: Canuck

"Canuck" wrote in
:

Ok.... so it looks like I'm all up and running with Windows 7 and I
also appear to have Windows Live Mail figured out. Why they dumped
Windows Mail and went to this.... beats me. It still does not decode
yEnc unless there is a plug in that I need to install from somewhere.
I may look for it tomorrow.... or not.

I've noticed that traffic has been somewhat down lately. I had an hour
to kill this afternoon and took a few shots. Nothing amazing but they
are kind of neat and might be fun to share. ENJOY!

Nick

FWIW - the odd thing I note is that the line
count in your posts are (for me at least) being
mis-reported. e.g. - picture six is showing
only 71 lines. As it downloads, the percentage
rate of download completion displayed around
750% at completion. Strange.

I haven't changed anything on my end, so I wonder
if 7 has anything to do with it.

OBTW - I have a hot-off-the-presses 7 book if you'd
like to have a copy of it. It doesn't start from
the kindergarten like most of these books. It assumes
the reader is at least in "high school" as it were.

I posted it yesterday in another group, let me know
if you want to know where. It is a pdf in RAR'd format
and about 25 megs in size.

Also, let us know some of the problems you have with 7.
I usually wait about a year 'fore I change... let the
bugs get worked out first.

Mean Ol' Lee
Old November 9th 09, 06:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

Hi Lee. I have no idea about the line thing. It could be just the way
Windows Live Mail encodes a JPG attachment.

As for Windows 7..... It is mostly like a cleaned up version of Vista. I've
been using Vista since it came out so I'm more or less familiar with it.
There are some neat new features in Windows 7 that are well worth having.
I'm sure I'll discover a few new ones along the way too. I particularly like
the new Windows Explorer which lets you switch between windows in a very
easy way. Also neat is the way you can browse through libraries: all your
pictures, all your documents.... wherever they may be on your computer can
be accessed all at once by using the library function. You can preview a
document, picture file, etc.... within a window if you open a preview pane
in that window. There is a robust heft to this beast. So far, not much to
hate. My only beef was with how long it took for it to install even though
I'd already backed up my files first. NOTE: the install process will check
your hardware and software to make sure you can go ahead with the upgrade.
Some of your software may need to be uninstalled before going ahead or it
may need to be updated from the manufacturer/publisher of that software.
SOME software requires passwords or stores passwords. DO NOT EXPECT AN
UPDATE TO RETAIN YOUR OLD PASSWORDS!!!! This one caught me by surprise
because a certain program updated itself by removing all traces of itself
first and wiping out all of my passwords and then installed a new version
without the password file in place! GRRR!!! I had the file backed up and was
able to restore it but I should not have had to go through that mess. An
update should not change, delete, modify, mangle your data or private
information.

ANYWAY: That is today's lesson boys and girls. BACKUP your files before
making ANY major changes to your computer regardless of what they may be.
Someone, somewhere may not have the same idea about how to proceed with an
update or upgrade and it could cost you or give you headaches you don't want
or need.

Nick

"Lee" NULL wrote in message
9...
"Canuck" wrote in
:

Old November 10th 09, 09:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

Lee NULL wrote (in part):

FWIW - the odd thing I note is that the line
count in your posts are (for me at least) being
mis-reported. e.g. - picture six is showing
only 71 lines. As it downloads, the percentage
rate of download completion displayed around
750% at completion. Strange.

I haven't changed anything on my end, so I wonder
if 7 has anything to do with it.

It's also happening to me - and I'm using XP Pro. Were these posted
in Yenc? If so, it could be the difference between compressed and
decoded

Cheers

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
Old November 10th 09, 11:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_10_]

Mike Mackenzie wrote in
news
Lee NULL wrote (in part):

FWIW - the odd thing I note is that the line
count in your posts are (for me at least) being
mis-reported. e.g. - picture six is showing
only 71 lines. As it downloads, the percentage
rate of download completion displayed around
750% at completion. Strange.

I haven't changed anything on my end, so I wonder
if 7 has anything to do with it.

It's also happening to me - and I'm using XP Pro. Were these posted
in Yenc? If so, it could be the difference between compressed and
decoded

Cheers

Naah, no yEnc. I don't know (yet) what the
cause may be. One of his pics was only about
90 lines long and I watched the percentage of
completion hit over 1015%...

yEnc shrinks 'em a little, but not by that
factor. Thanks for letting me know that
someone else saw this... I thought maybe Rod
Serling had been resurrected.

No big deal if the pics come through, just a
real puzzler for Obsessives like me.
Old November 11th 09, 05:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

Hi Mike and Lee....

No, they were not posted in yEnc. They are standard Jpg images that were
sent through Windows Live Mail. It must be Live Mail that did something
weird to them during the encoding process.

Take care,

Nick

"Mike Mackenzie" wrote in message
news

Old November 11th 09, 03:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Claus Gustafsen

I just imported my mails for my old Windows Mail from Windows Vista into
this Live Mail I needed to install with Windows 7.
Upgrade went smooth and painless. Running a fairly new Acer desktop and used
their offer for upgrade.

Claus Gustafsen

Old November 12th 09, 10:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

"Canuck" wrote (in part):

Hi Mike and Lee....

No, they were not posted in yEnc. They are standard Jpg images that were
sent through Windows Live Mail. It must be Live Mail that did something
weird to them during the encoding process.

You could be right. However, I haven't used any M/S email or news
clients for many years. First time I've seen this effect, though.

Cheers,

--

Lee NULL wrote (in part):

FWIW - the odd thing I note is that the line
count in your posts are (for me at least) being
mis-reported. e.g. - picture six is showing
only 71 lines. As it downloads, the percentage
rate of download completion displayed around
750% at completion. Strange.

I haven't changed anything on my end, so I wonder
if 7 has anything to do with it.

It's also happening to me - and I'm using XP Pro. Were these posted
in Yenc? If so, it could be the difference between compressed and
decoded

If it isn't one thing, it's another Frank Whiteley Soaring 3 July 25th 07 03:28 PM
FSX i'm getting rid of this thing Viper Simulators 5 October 21st 06 01:16 AM
An odd thing about CAD... [email protected] Home Built 39 December 21st 05 04:12 AM
A Sure Thing [email protected] Soaring 5 January 8th 05 12:16 AM
SUV thing Fastglasair Home Built 4 July 12th 03 05:32 AM