Radio Removal

Old March 21st 04, 03:57 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Are you sure it's a screw you're trying to turn? Our radios require an
allen wrench to remove.

Do you have ARC equipment, Jay?

I didn't think so.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.
Old March 22nd 04, 03:39 AM
John

You have the correct screw. It requires a short 1/8 inch flat blade
screw driver. However it is the cam lock screw. It does not push the
radio out. Clockwise to lock and counter clockwise two or three turns
to unlock. Generally you can feel the lock disengage. When
unlocked you must grab two of the larger knobs then shake while
pulling to remove the RT-308. The very small hole is for the VOR
centering adjustment.
Some of the other ARC radios require a 12 inch long flat blade screw
driver.

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:20:23 -0800, "MRQB" wrote:

I found the screw it was right in the center lower part of the radio below
ware it said RT 308 it was not deep inside it was really close to the
surface unless it was the wrong screw I turned it it did nothing it would
just spin either direction there was a really smaller hole next to it. Is it
broken? or was i on the wrong screw?

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
In general there will be a hole in the face of the radio where you insert

an
allen wrench. Turn the screw clockwise to release the radio.

"MRQB" wrote in message
Hello, i would like to know how to remove the Cessna ARC NAV/COM 300

radio
out of my 150? Ware are the screws bolts ect located? So I can take it

in
be serviced or replaced it with a slide in replacement. I here it is

simple
to remove it, is it?

Old March 22nd 04, 04:04 AM
MRQB

I tried turning it a lot of times counter clockwise and clockwise it did
nothing at all did not here anything disengage the screw was very loose in
the hole maby it is broken? any other way to disengage it?

Old March 24th 04, 11:30 PM
MRQB

Had to remove the radio below it to unjam the plastic key not that hard
really took the mechanic 5 min he know exactly what the problem was just by
looking at it and turning the screw.