FAI, soaring and Olympic Games

Old August 26th 04, 11:30 PM
Eric Greenwell

stephanevdv wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

As I've mentioned in another posting, I agree with the argument that
we already have at least two de facto one-design classes: the
Standard and 15 meter

Listening to the comments of the competitors in last year's World
Gliding Championships at Leszno, I think many of them would disagree.
For example, many Discus 2 and Ventus 2 drivers would try to fly the
"a" type with the smaller fuselage, even if they needed a shoehorn to
get into it. With the same wing, the difference should be marginal
compared to the "b" type, but...

There are differences between the various gliders, but they are quite
small (I'd guess at 1% or less in overall speed), and even the
competitors don't agree which glider has the advantage. If they did, we
really would have a one-design class, as every pilot would show up with
the same glider.

Is anyone really interested in closing that 1% gap? I don't think so.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old August 27th 04, 01:48 AM
Bob Kuykendall

Hmmm. Maybe aero-towing and winching are more in line with the Olympic
tradition.

The scoring unit would be the milliHelen, with one awarded for each
launching of one ship. The winner is the team gets to a thousand
first.

Bob "face the music" K.
Old August 28th 04, 11:20 AM
Denis

For Example John Smith wrote:

There, now we're ready. Olympics 2008 will include 2 sailplane racing
classes - Standard and 15 Meter.
Oops, forgot rules. Same as for the World's I suppose?

Allow a small delay for rules. Say, till Olympics 2009 ;-) ?

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?
Old August 28th 04, 11:27 AM
Denis

Eric Greenwell wrote:

There are differences between the various gliders, but they are quite
small (I'd guess at 1% or less in overall speed), and even the
competitors don't agree which glider has the advantage.

Yes. Most competitors I've heard agree other gliders have definitively
an advantage over their ;-)

Old August 29th 04, 04:41 PM
iPilot

For a reason or another the current classes hev yet to make it to Olympics.
Moreover. I don't believe that they'll ever make it.

Monoclasses are preferred in sailing because that made it possible to gain
large presence in Olympics.

"For Example John Smith" wrote in message
Maybe I'm failing in making the argument, but what I'm trying to say is

that
a) the differences in performance between modern ships are tiny (no
handicapping required)
b) the annual incremental advance is small
c) the population of modern ships is large (enough)
Therefore, there's no need to design & build a WC ship--we already have

two
designs that qualify--15M and Standard.

Brent
"Gary Boggs" wrote in message
But then we're back to having to have the latest (most expensive) design

be competitive. I always thought that one of the reasons to have an

Olympic
contest was to test the pilots, not the plane or the pocket book.

Having
handicapped contest would open it up to more than just those who could
afford the latest designs.

"For Example John Smith" wrote in message

"Gary Boggs" wrote in message

So why do we have to have a one design contest for the Olympics?

That's exactly my point and it sounds like you and Eric at least agree

Why not just make it a handicapped contest using the current fleet?

Here we have a minor disagreement. Eric and I are saying that no
handicapping is required. We (the sport of soaring) just define 15m

as
monoclass and Standard as a monoclass.

Old August 30th 04, 11:26 AM
Tony

So, same discussion in 4 years time?

"iPilot" wrote in message
It's been under discussion for several times, but I want to bring it up

again.

There have been several pro's and con's towards soaring in Olympics, but

nobody argues that it'd
rise the popularity of the sport. So it is important for soaring

community. Therefore my question is
following:

Wich way is soaring worse than sailing?

None of the cities that have organised Olympic games in the past would

have any geographic troubles
on organising soaring competitions (Moscow had troubles with organising

sailing competition which
had to be held in Tallinn - 900 km away).
None of the latest summer games that I remember have had such miserable

weather that the competition
would have to be left unheld.

The main argument against soaring is the fact that equipment can make a

difference here. Well. Here
is the challenge for igc. They have to face that their first trial of

monoclass failed and they have
to try again. This time with relatively high-performing, yet still not

expencive standard or 15m
class design.

As a matter of fact I don't believe that sailing deserves to have 9

different classes on Olympics
and soaring none. I personally think that FAI has failed bigtime to find

the concensus amongst all
air sports to get air sports represented on Olympic games. It shall be the

biggest argument towards
Olympic Commety - there's no air sports in Olympics nowadays. And the most

suitable sport would be
soaring because it's competitive, not so dependent on equipment and

directly measurable. Making
soaring TV-friendly shall not be a problem as well today. And with racing

tasks only allowed on
olympics it shall be understandable for general public as well.

How can we do it?

Regards,
Kaido

---

Old August 31st 04, 10:00 PM
Tony

How did it work? Was there a single start line? How long was it?

I can see the danger in everyone trying to squeeze through a narrow gate at
the same time. Would a longer gate - say 10km perpendicular to the first TP
track help?

"Chris OCallaghan" wrote in message
om...
Tony,

You've described what was once called the "shotgun" start, as
practiced at the 15M Nationals in Chester SC, 1988. All I can say is
Yikes!!! Scariest thing I've ever done in a sailplane. Sixty gliders
flying at 100+ knots at cloudbase in a confined area. Close second to
that was the implosion finish back in the days when you were penalized
for being overtime on a POST. Gliders arriving at the finish line from
all points on the compass at the same time. I understand the people on
the ground loved it! Glider demolition derby.

---

Old September 1st 04, 04:27 AM
Chris OCallaghan

Pilots were required to take a picture of two trailers crossing the
"tee" at a given time. Sixty gliders all snapping a pic and rolling
out on course (a POST) to all points of the compass directly above the
airport.

A curved start line of 10k length is an interesting thought, but the
herd instinct prevails. Pilots will wait in the available lift, and a
large number will try to position themselves with certain contest IDs.
Pilot selected start times seem the best way to keep the density
lower, though never low.

Old January 15th 14, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI, soaring and Olympic Games

On Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:19:38 PM UTC+3, iPilot wrote:
[...]

... Screenshot_1.png

SPEECHYFIER is a new Word Game. SPEECHYFIER creates a new TWEET from several received ones. Take this FREE application for your TWITTER account on Everywhere and now-here · http://www.speechyfier.com

WHAT IS SPEECHYFIER

SPEECHYFIER IS A NEW KIND OF WORD GAME. SPEECHYFIER creates a NEW sentence from several sentences.

A Summary Sentence. SPEECHYFIER is a game on
851559_477083359072365_1194981066_n

Find the summary sentence in time

Game Play :

When the game start , you have to find the summary sentence in time .

Click on words to complete the sentence .

Explanation :

Few sentences are proposed , they contain the summary sentence's words .

Look at the first word of each proposed sentence , the most repeated word will be

The first summary sentence's word .

You just have to repeat it for each element .

Specific rules :

- Whatever your answer , the next level always will be available .

- If you are not logged in , you can identify after each level to save your score .

- The difficulty selected reduces the time available level .

- Each good word found will give you one point .

- Each mistake will take you one point .

- No mistakes for each level will give you three points more ..
What Is SPEECHYFIER © ?

SPEECHYFIER © IS A NEW KIND OF WORD GAME.
SPEECHYFIER © creates a NEW sentence from several sentences.

A Summary About SPEECHYFIER ©

SPEECHYFIER © is a game on www.speechyfier-game.com SPEECHYFIER © IS A TWITTER APPLICATION, TOO. You can put the SPEECHYFIER © Application on your TWITTER account, And to have a new sentence generated from your published tweets, which will be published under a New TWEET . Register Now it’s FREE: www.speechyfier-twitter.com If you are already registered, please, use the direct access

Screenshot_1
WHAT IS SPEECHYFIER

SPEECHYFIER IS A NEW KIND OF WORD GAME. SPEECHYFIER creates a NEW sentence from several sentences.

A Summary Sentence. SPEECHYFIER is a game on

screenshot_03Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

screenshot_02

speechyfier , Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

speechy-2

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier 851559_477083359072365_1194981066_n Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

Screenshot_3

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

Screenshot_5

[...]

Screenshot_6

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

speechy-3

Game , games, play , free , free game , free games , play free game , play free games , online free , online game , online games , game online , games online , play online game , play online games , twitter , twitter application , add application , free applications , free application , game application , games application , game applications , games applications , speechyfier

logo

Old July 3rd 14, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Download Here the latest School of Dragons Cheat tool
http://workingcheats2014.info/school-of-dragons-cheats/