Glide Navigator II help

Old March 23rd 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glide Navigator II help

To All:

I fly with GN II. When I am declaring a task I only get a few turn
points listed and available. Now, when I go to the GO TO mode I get all
of my waypoints listed and available. Case in point: when I tried to
set a triangle from Pangborn Field to Scott to Moscow-Pullman back to
Pangborn Field, I don't have Moscow-Pullman listed under MODIFY TASK
menu. Yet when I go to GO TO mode, Moscow-Pullman is in that list. Does
anybody have any experience with issue like that or similar? Any idea
how to solve that problem? I fly with Cambridge 302A, iPAQ 2215 with GN
II and all of my waypoints are downloaded from John Leibacher site.
Thanks,

Jacek Kobiesa
Washington State

Old March 23rd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The waypoint must have a (T)urnpoint attribute. Such as:

5,39:02.138N,104:50.629W,2041M,TAL,Aardvark,

The "TAL" above mean it's a Turnpoint, Airport and Landpoint.

For contests, it makes sense to only have real TPs have the T
attribute, but for general flying around, all should have the T
attribute set so they appear in the task menu.

So, take a look at your DAT file to verify this.

-Tom

Old March 23rd 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

FYI...Yahoo GNII group url

Old March 23rd 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It's not so much a problem as a characteristic of the design. I have
suggested that the GOTO list separates out contest turnpoints from
other database points so that TP selection is easier on pilot selected
tasks. So far this fell on stony ground.

If you choose to use the "number before" database listing you can force
the GOTO points to be in the turnpoint list order and all turnpoints to
be grouped together. I don't like that solution as if has undesired
effects on the map display and I almost never use the GOTO list. I
prefer to select the next point from the map screen.

Andy

Old March 23rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Andy,

That would explain exactly what is happening. But how can I get all of
those TP listed while seting the task? (flight planning). Thanks, Jacek

Old March 24th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Jacek,
You will need to edit the .DAT file and make sure there is a T in the
5th comma separate field of all the records.

Haven't done this myself, but you cam probably use a program such as
SeeYou to set all the waypoints at "turnpoints".

-Tom

Old March 24th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for the help.

Jacek Kobiesa
Washington State