SeeYou

Old March 1st 21, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default SeeYou

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 9:16:44 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
As soon as my subscription runs out, the program starts acting up. This really ****es me off. I paid for the program and the fact that they sabotage it to get you to purchase the upgrade is very disappointing. If I don't want the "improvements", the program that I paid for should still work. In my opinion, that is a crappy way to do business... Is this the way things are done these days?

Boggs

What is the behavior of the current version of SeeYou (PC app) if/when the subscription expires? Does it still run? Does it keep the map data it already downloaded stored on the PC? Do maps for new areas still load? Does that differ between "terrain view" and "satellite view"? Where (which server) do the maps load from? Do any other features stop working (other than the use of SeeYou Cloud)?

Same questions about the "Navigator" cell phone app?
Old March 1st 21, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 3/1/21 10:37 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:
[...]

This says you can turn off updates before your subscription expires, and
continue to run as befo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLDE6GHdV4
Old March 1st 21, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 3:53:21 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:
[...]

And what happens if you forget to turn off updates, or if it behaves like most software these days, where "updates" are shoved down your throat no matter what you choose? Anyway I'd love to hear from a normal customer who has actually done this (let the SeeYou subscription expire).
Old March 1st 21, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 4:36:16 PM UTC-5, Moshe Braner wrote:
[...]

It still runs, even after years. You do have to keep it updated to receive new features (SkySight integration, etc).

Dan
Old March 2nd 21, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

I don't think I say in the video that you can turn off automatic updates. I think what I said is that you have to ignore all the future update notifications and not upgrade once you are beyond the end date of your annual subscription.

If you don't purchase an annual subscription then the Version of SeeYou currently installed on your PC will continue to run for ever. The only limitation of which I am aware after the expiry of a subscription is that Skysight and topmeteo weather layers will not work.

The annual subscription also gives you access to the phone app SeeYou Navigator and the ability to use SeeYou on Ios.
Old March 2nd 21, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 3/1/21 4:38 PM, Dave Springford wrote:
I don't think I say in the video that you can turn off automatic updates.

Actually at 4:10 you said to make sure your updates are turned off, if
you want to keep running the existing version. Sounded like you were
using the terms updates and upgrades interchangeably.
Old March 2nd 21, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

As far as I know, there is no ability to turn off the updates, but they are not installed Automatically. They are installed only when you click on the pop-up that appears in the lower right corner when a new version is available.

So, if your subscription is expired - don't click on it, or if you do, let me know and I'll sell you a new subscription : )

SeeYou 4 2KA Soaring 5 April 13th 11 02:22 AM
Where is SeeYou help? [email protected] Soaring 1 November 23rd 06 12:19 AM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM
SeeYou 3.0 iPilot Soaring 3 February 25th 05 04:30 PM
SeeYou 2.82...anyone try it yet? Stewart Kissel Soaring 4 January 3rd 05 10:31 PM